looking for a zero turn 3.27 acres

robert

Threads
BlackBart, welcome back; you also typed that if only one style could be used by yourself it would be the tractor also, right?

My Cub GT 2000, while perhaps not a true GT, is certainly alot more capable-because it has the real deal GT drive- to do other things than simply mow than 99% of all the uber dollar zippidy doo da's some of you boys have-you all can tow how much again?

And once again, will some of you bucket heads read the op's post 16.

jenkinsph

Threads
Robert,

This is getting pathetic, looking at post 16 where the OP mentions the 445 and 455 these two Garden Tractors are the real thing, mid and rear pto, 3ph, two hydraulic valves, attachments including a fel, much faster than yours. Again outclasses your mower.

robert

Threads
jenkinsph-the purpose for asking some to view that post was/is to show that the op raised the tractor as a possibility for his use-will we reach 4,000 hits today?

jenkinsph

Threads
Well my apologies in that case, I did consider looking for a used 445 -455 gt when shopping last year but couldn't find anything in my locale. If I was looking for a mower and had the opportunity to buy one of these with the new property I would definately give it some consideration. Particularly if the guy had some attachments with it that I wanted or deemed needed to make onsite lawn improvements.

Robert, at any rate enjoy your mower thats what it is all about.

robert

Threads
Thats been one of my major points all along-and this is perhaps a good point to end.

Uncle Nabob

Forum Newbie
Threads
I skipped over a lot of comments, so I may have missed some that were really great. I have about 4.5 acres of grass, mostly flat. One area is steep enough that the little 1110 Ford tractor used to crab across the slope with a 4' finishing mower behind (with me sitting on the fender). Along my driveway, it is so steep I can't mow it even with a push mower--I tried. So, last year I bought a Cub Cadet Zero Force 60 to replace the worn out, 25 year old tractor and finishing mower. Now it takes less than 2 hours to mow every square inch. It sticks like glue on the steep areas, and the positive front steering always points the tractor where I want to go, even on the steep areas. As for turning, it may be one of the few zero turns that does not eat turf. With the technology of the steering wheel the inside wheel on a turn is always both forward or backward in a zero turn, hence no damage. I drive with one hand most of the time with my foot on the accelerator all the way down at about 8mph. I only have to slow down if I hit really tall, thick crabgrass or bermuda grass. It's a semi-pro model & it won't last forever, but it's a lot better than the entry level machines they sell at the big box stores.

robert

Threads
Uncle, You and I both know that to see true value one has to be color blind. :wink:

mikdugal1

Threads
I'm back guys. Wow were you all busy.. I'm getting 4800 back on my tax refund and going to put it to a mower. It's been offly warm here in pennsylvania getting time for a mower.. So I'm probably going to go with a John Deere. Paying for paint here.. I'm looking at the ztrak z465 but they are offering a deal on the 600 series.. you can save 500 which will actually bring the z665 100 dollars cheaper then the 465.. What do you guys think

Parkmower

Threads
i think you'll enjoy that mower:thumbsup:

earthworm

Threads
I'm back guys. Wow were you all busy.. I'm getting 4800 back on my tax refund and going to put it to a mower. It's been offly warm here in Pennsylvania getting time for a mower.. So I'm probably going to go with a John Deere. Paying for paint here.. I'm looking at the ztrak z465 but they are offering a deal on the 600 series.. you can save 500 which will actually bring the z665 100 dollars cheaper then the 465.. What do you guys think

I wish these marketers could dispense with "bargains, deals, freebies", and be open and honest.
Questions :
lawn size, trees and gardens, hilly or flat ?
And exercise, do you need or enjoy this ?
This warm weather is a bit scary, I hope its not a hot and dry summer, but we could do with less rain here in PA(York County)..