Looking for a part for 1978 7086 mower

Phototone

Threads
I am looking for a salvage shroud and gas tank for a 1978 Lawnboy 7086 mower, although there were several models in this timeframe that used the same shroud and tank. I have found a picture from the internet that shows the parts.

7025-1.jpg

fabricgator

Threads
Wow, I never saw one like that.

It almost looks like everything is there except the cover that hides it all and makes it wind resistant for speed...

Bon Chance!

2smoked

Threads
I am looking for a salvage shroud and gas tank for a 1978 Lawnboy 7086 mower, although there were several models in this timeframe that used the same shroud and tank. I have found a picture from the internet that shows the parts.

7025-1.jpg

The parts you want may be difficult to find. I recall my old place of work purchased one of those models and I remember that the gas tank was attached on top with two plastic tabs that screwed into the shroud. Those tabs broke off after very little use--a very poor and cheap design.

Phototone

Threads
I've decided on a work-around. I'll post pics tomorrow.

Phototone

Threads
Wow, I never saw one like that.

It almost looks like everything is there except the cover that hides it all and makes it wind resistant for speed...

Bon Chance!

Ha ha. What you see in the attached photo is the whole mower, there is no more shroud missing. I don't have the green gas tank. I think this was the first year for the "F" engine. 1978

Phototone

Threads
Here is my solution

I've turned it into a Franken-mower. A "fake" commercial mower. I had a commercial gas tank from my scrap pile. Franken-mower1.jpgFranken-mower2.jpg

fabricgator

Threads
Looks a little bit like my old 76 Champion Titan motor coach in the background.

Mower looks good too!

2smoked

Threads
That's a great looking frankenmower----Nice and basic with that wonderful F series motor.