Looking for a 30" hydrostatic zero turn mower

wnlewis

Threads
In the U.S.A., 34” zero turns are as small as you are going to find new. Most gates are 36” minimum.
I have older customers, with older houses, and small gates. I fit myself to their needs, not the other way around.
That's why I'm looking for an older, smaller, zero turn.
Best regards.
wnlewis

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well before you take the plunge go to Partstree or Jacks Small engines and search for the Dixon you are looking at
Then one at a time open each of the parts breakdowns and check just how many parts are listed as NLA or discontinued
I have never worked on the disc drives but apparently they are not easy to adjust
My personal opinion would be to look at a wide area self propelled mower and if your fitness level is not up to it a sulky
Other than that you will be looking at Rear Engine Riders many of which come with the size decks you are looking at
Why you are insisting on a ZTR I do not know but I have commercial customers who do 20 + domestic laws a year with a 24" Greenfields fast cut which is a tractor style mower with a flat plate friction drive and fixed rear axel
The trick is to mow backwards to get around tight spaces .

wnlewis

Threads
Well before you take the plunge go to Partstree or Jacks Small engines and search for the Dixon you are looking at
Then one at a time open each of the parts breakdowns and check just how many parts are listed as NLA or discontinued
I have never worked on the disc drives but apparently they are not easy to adjust
My personal opinion would be to look at a wide area self propelled mower and if your fitness level is not up to it a sulky
Other than that you will be looking at Rear Engine Riders many of which come with the size decks you are looking at
Why you are insisting on a ZTR I do not know but I have commercial customers who do 20 + domestic laws a year with a 24" Greenfields fast cut which is a tractor style mower with a flat plate friction drive and fixed rear axel
The trick is to mow backwards to get around tight spaces .
This is all good information that I did not have before. Thanks for providing it.
The reason I am looking is that the ZTR I am looking at is a very good price (almost free, my price range ;))
I have heard the same about the cone drives. However, I have found the kit and instructions to do the cone drives, and I do find the parts that I need on eBay, etc., on a very regular basis.
Fitness level is excellent, I can push a mower about twice as fast as a self drive can go (that's a 21").
I did see a really nice rear rider close to my price range, so I am looking at that. But even that is not as cheap as the ZTR.
wnlewis

wnlewis

Threads
I like that, and that is exactly what I do with the Church yard that I take care of. I borrow the Dixon SpeedZTR 30 and then do the finish mowing at the edges and in tight spots with my own 21" mower.
That SCAG is really nice, but more than a bit out of my price range right now.
wnlewis