Looking at a new Scag 48" Liberty Z

Freedom1955

Threads
It cuts great without the mulch kit. Dont get me wrong it cuts very well with the mulch kit but it does leave some stragglers.

Lawn Addict
Threads
That would drive me crazy.

Ida-Boy

Threads
Gonna look at a Z today. I am curious on how the ride is. My old bones can't take much bouncing. Mowing just under 2 acres, I thing a Z with 52" is a good fit. I also have a 500' driveway to edge.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Gonna look at a Z today. I am curious on how the ride is. My old bones can't take much bouncing. Mowing just under 2 acres, I thing a Z with 52" is a good fit. I also have a 500' driveway to edge.
See if a suspension seat is an option. Some mower companies list them as an option.

Ida-Boy

Threads
See if a suspension seat is an option. Some mower companies list them as an option.
I found one with a Kawi and they offered to upgrade the seat for free. $5710.91 tax out the door.
I do like the Deere Z530M & Z530R but no Kawis in the store at this time.
Tuff decision.

Lawn Addict
Threads
PS: Toro has the "My Ride®" Floating whole floor & seat.

BTBO

Threads
Thinking of upgrading to a Scag 48" Liberty Z. Has the Kawasaki engine & HG 2800 pumps.
And the 5 year warranty.

Love my Toro. But maybe time for a slightly bigger machine. Not a need, more of a want.

Appreciate any input.
Thinking of upgrading to a Scag 48" Liberty Z. Has the Kawasaki engine & HG 2800 pumps.
And the 5 year warranty.

Love my Toro. But maybe time for a slightly bigger machine. Not a need, more of a want.

Appreciate any input.
I bought my LZ 48 in August '19. <74 hours. I plan on draining the hydros, refilling with Amsoil Synthetic. Change
And the 5 year warranty.

Appreciate any input.
I have the LZ 48 Kawasaki powered. Bought it Aug '19, has <74 hours. Changed oil and filter at the start of each season, as well as greased the zerks. Check components for visible signs of wear. I use Stabil, Yamaha Ring Free and Seafoam. At least once a month during the offseason, I'll crank her up and take a spin down to the lower 40. To this point, my only complaint is paying the higher price for non-ethanol fuel.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks for your input, I'm really liking my LZ 48, I got in May 20 / 2021, the cut quality is superb !! only 13.5 hours at end of my mow season, & all I have ever used was 100% gas..So I just bite the bullet on that. And add a few ozs. of seafoam for last tank of gas..

You're opposite of my practices, I do my oil & filter /service at end of the season. And let her sleep.

But plan to service the hydros early about 50 hours.

Now since mine is all cleaned up, I have given it 1st Paste Wax job. & Armor-all'd the tires. But that's me.