Local sources for tachometer

cgallery

Forum Newbie
Threads
Working on my Duraforce, I removed the carb and cleaned it and replaced some parts (governor, spring, bowl gasket, I think that was it). Now I'm reassembling it and I don't have a tach to adjust the governor. I live in a fairly large city (Milwaukee). Would I be able to find a tachometer at any large auto stores or anywhere else to get me a RPM on my motor, to help adjust the spring tension?

I see some I can order online, but I'd just as soon shop local if that is possible, and doesn't break the bank.

impalass

Threads
Working on my Duraforce, I removed the carb and cleaned it and replaced some parts (governor, spring, bowl gasket, I think that was it). Now I'm reassembling it and I don't have a tach to adjust the governor. I live in a fairly large city (Milwaukee). Would I be able to find a tachometer at any large auto stores or anywhere else to get me a RPM on my motor, to help adjust the spring tension?

I see some I can order online, but I'd just as soon shop local if that is possible, and doesn't break the bank.
Scroll down and read my post on induction tach. Very cheap under 12 dollars.

JohnBoy1

Threads
Harbor freight tools has one for $30 or so last time I checked if you want local. A bit high but you get it right now.