Lifespan of Mower

Thank you Graydog for taking the time to share your story and the pictures of the old boy. Man it really looks good for being so old. Wow, I am in awe of it. For everything to still be functional and complete shows how well you have maintained it. I believe if we had a contest for the oldest piece of equipment still being used you would win hands down. It is justified that the color is gold for you have got it's value of weight in gold out of it and then some! I will take your advice on not using water as your Lawnboy is a testament to it. I usually just blow off my equipment with my blower. Thanks again.

Thank you for the nice reply. I did get to thinking.....I bought the Lawn boy in 1960, just after my son was born, not 1958. I don't guess that makes a heck of a lot of difference, but if someone was curious as to when they made this particular model, it might. I don't mow a lot of grass with it, but do use it weekly and it starts and runs good.

I also blow off my mowers using compressed air.
 
Thank you for the nice reply. I did get to thinking.....I bought the Lawn boy in 1960, just after my son was born, not 1958. I don't guess that makes a heck of a lot of difference, but if someone was curious as to when they made this particular model, it might. I don't mow a lot of grass with it, but do use it weekly and it starts and runs good.

I also blow off my mowers using compressed air.

:thumbsup: Yes, Graydog, looks like you have a 1960 vintage. This was the first year, that I saw in the catalog which Lawnboy had a grass catcher model. According to the 1960 Lawnboy catalog picture that I attached below it is model #7250. A very rare and collectible model in my opinion. It would bring top dollar also if you decided to sell it someday, probably 2 to 3 times or more what you paid new after using it for 50+ years. :laughing: :smile:
 

Attachments

  • 1960LB3.jpg
    1960LB3.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 12
:thumbsup: Yes, Graydog, looks like you have a 1960 vintage. This was the first year, that I saw in the catalog which Lawnboy had a grass catcher model. According to the 1960 Lawnboy catalog picture that I attached below it is model #7250. A very rare and collectible model in my opinion. It would bring top dollar also if you decided to sell it someday, probably 2 to 3 times or more what you paid new after using it for 50+ years. :laughing: :smile:

Thank you so much for the photos. I am not into collecting, just using, so I may be interested in trading or selling it to a collector. I am in central Oklahoma.
 
If you have a Weedeater one the lifespan is kept track of in minutes instead of hours and by the foot insteads of the miles.
 
My "weed eater" is a 25 gallon sprayer full of generic Roundup in the back of a golf cart. It easily handles my 15 acres and lasts longer than the gasoline model.

As the DuPont ad used to say, "Better living through chemistry.":laughing:
 
Back
Top