liability insurance

boston

Threads
I live in nj and people are telling me I should have liability insurance. Nothing bad has ever happened yet but I'm under 18 and some customers ask about it. Also I can't do dangerous jobs like clean gutters without the insurance. Should I get the insurance or not? How would I get it

slammed

Threads
I live in nj and people are telling me I should have liability insurance. Nothing bad has ever happened yet but I'm under 18 and some customers ask about it. Also I can't do dangerous jobs like clean gutters without the insurance. Should I get the insurance or not? How would I get it

Yes you should. And all you have to do is go to who ever has your car insurance and tell them you need liability insurance for a lawn business.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

Do you have a business license? Is liability ins. a requirement? If you're under 18 it may be a problem for you to get and could cost you a ton of money.

boston

Threads
I don't have any license I'm under 18

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't have any license I'm under 18

You have to have a business license if you are providing a service for pay. If you are planning to start a business in New Jersey, you must register the business with the State of New Jersey at least 15 business days prior to opening. This will enable the State of New Jersey to send you all of the forms and information necessary for you to comply with New Jersey tax laws. As long as you are providing a service and receiving payments you have to pay the Government taxes and you may be required to have liability insurance by the state. If you are under 18 it may all fall back on your parents to do this to keep from being in the middle of a lawsuit if you do damage to anyone's property.

Last edited: