LGT2645- Wiring

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Can’t help you much if you don’t have experience with electrical diagnoses. This type of troubleshooting takes patience and experience. Looking at wire ends doesn’t tell us much. You need to look at the picture of the wiring harness, the schematic drawing and the unit all at one time and then check off every connection and wire you can identify. There is no easy route to do what you want to do.

Mozz

Threads
Got it! Time to make the donuts!!!

I have a Cen-Tech Digital Meter. Dug it out of my tools...been a while.

On DCV- 20
Battery- 12.67
Solenoid- 12.4

The starter, not sure how to test on the mower.

Not to get ahead of myself, but there may be a relay or fuse issue. Mover clicks when I try to start, does not turn over.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If the magneto & carb solenoid have wires connected to them then there are only 2 other long runs of wire inside a loom tube
One set will go the the electric clutch so they should run under the floor
The other set run to the headlights along the floor with a plug near the hood hinge
Unfortunately this plug is also very close to the muffler and unless checked regularly the cable tie breaks then the plug melts against the muffler
Form the photo I can not determine the colours of the wires but the wiring diagram star was good enough to post does have the wires colours listed
People get confused between a loom diagram and a wiring diagram
The Loom diagram shows how the wires run so will show those wires together , from one plug to another as in the one in this thread https://www.lawnmowerforum.com/threads/engine-wire-help.73495/page-2#post-464206
A wiring diagram shows how the wires are connected electrically to the actual components so the lines are not to scale and not show as they run
So while the diagram Star posted show the headlights with a brown wire on one side of the headlights and a black on on the other side , in the loom they will both run together not come in from different sides .
This confuses people who were asleep during their physics class in high school or went to a school that taught creationism and not science .

Last edited:

Its Me

Threads
That is probably the head lights wiriing,

Mozz

Threads
If the magneto & carb solenoid have wires connected to them then there are only 2 other long runs of wire inside a loom tube
One set will go the the electric clutch so they should run under the floor
The other set run to the headlights along the floor with a plug near the hood hinge
Unfortunately this plug is also very close to the muffler and unless checked regularly the cable tie breaks then the plug melts against the muffler
Form the photo I can not determine the colours of the wires but the wiring diagram star was good enough to post does have the wires colours listed
People get confused between a loom diagram and a wiring diagram
The Loom diagram shows how the wires run so will show those wires together , from one plug to another as in the one in this thread https://www.lawnmowerforum.com/threads/engine-wire-help.73495/page-2#post-464206
A wiring diagram shows how the wires are connected electrically to the actual components so the lines are not to scale and not show as they run
So while the diagram Star posted show the headlights with a brown wire on one side of the headlights and a black on on the other side , in the loom they will both run together not come in from different sides .
This confuses people who were asleep during their physics class in high school or went to a school that taught creationism and not science .
Thank you for the info.

The wires are 2 black and one gray.

Mozz

Threads
I have confirmed that the battery, starter solenoid, starter and fuse are good.

What suggestions are there for the next thing to check?

Mozz

Threads
That is probably the head lights wiriing,
That is what I suspect too.

Now, to find the cause of it not turning over. Just a click. I wonder it there is a switch that may be the cause.

It is not the battery, starter, starter solenoid or the fuse.

Laabk2

Threads
That particular wiring harness is used on many different models of the Husqvarna Mower so those wires may not have any use on your particular mower. Does your mower have a 12v outlet (cigarette lighter)? The black wires should be ground wires and most likely used on another model.

Mozz

Threads
That particular wiring harness is used on many different models of the Husqvarna Mower so those wires may not have any use on your particular mower. Does your mower have a 12v outlet (cigarette lighter)? The black wires should be ground wires and most likely used on another model.