Lets talk blowers

dude

Threads
Going into fall it would be helpful to know what kind of blower to use and to stay current
This is my friends 600
Not mine
Sry for miss wording

Last edited:
Threads
Going into fall it would be helpful to know what kind of blower to use and to stay current

Well it looks like you have the Stihl BR 600 (profile pic)...that's one of the best! :thumbsup:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

Not sure what you mean by staying current. The Stihl in your avatar will do anything you need to have done, anything larger than that BR 600 is over kill.

metz12

Threads
i agree. the 600 has plenty of power.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
I worked on one a while back, took it up on the road to test it. I was peeling off pieces of asphalt...... Good blower!!!

Threads
This is my friends 600
Not mine
Sry for miss wording

I see you edited your original post saying that it is your friends blower...not yours. What blower do you have? A Stihl BR 550 or 600 would be one of the best.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I see you edited your original post saying that it is your friends blower...not yours. What blower do you have? A Stihl BR 550 or 600 would be one of the best.

I started out thinking I would buy a Stihl BR350 this fall, but my wife will be using this more than I to clean the sidewalks and driveway. She recently had surgery for breast cancer and the BR350 weighs 22 pounds, so now I'm considering the BR200 instead(only weighs 12 pounds). The air volumes(with/without tube) is 441/677cfm for the BR350 and only 406/471cfm for the BR200. Aside from the definite benefit of being lighter, the BR200 is also $100 cheaper. Will the BR200 do the job for simple homeowner uses like I described??? And why can't you use gutter kits with backpack-style blowers.....the Stihl kit specifically says "handheld blowers only"(which my dealer confirmed). That's the one other "important" use I would be looking for in a new blower and it stinks that you can't use them on a backpack-style!! Maybe I need to be considering a hand-held blower like the BG86 entry-level commercial(but has even less "power" @ 359/459cfm:0(

Threads
I started out thinking I would buy a Stihl BR350 this fall, but my wife will be using this more than I to clean the sidewalks and driveway. She recently had surgery for breast cancer and the BR350 weighs 22 pounds, so now I'm considering the BR200 instead(only weighs 12 pounds). The air volumes(with/without tube) is 441/677cfm for the BR350 and only 406/471cfm for the BR200. Aside from the definite benefit of being lighter, the BR200 is also $100 cheaper. Will the BR200 do the job for simple homeowner uses like I described??? And why can't you use gutter kits with backpack-style blowers.....the Stihl kit specifically says "handheld blowers only"(which my dealer confirmed). That's the one other "important" use I would be looking for in a new blower and it stinks that you can't use them on a backpack-style!! Maybe I need to be considering a hand-held blower like the BG86 entry-level commercial(but has even less "power" @ 359/459cfm:0(

I use my Echo PB-255LN for driveways and walkways, and it does a great job! I also use it for leaf cleanup and it does great there too. Of course a backpack blower is more powerful, but my handheld does all I want it to do.

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/membe...p-picture9686-what-my-echo-blower-can-do.html

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I use my Echo PB-255LN for driveways and walkways, and it does a great job! I also use it for leaf cleanup and it does great there too. Of course a backpack blower is more powerful, but my handheld does all I want it to do.

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/membe...p-picture9686-what-my-echo-blower-can-do.html

I think you are probably right that the PB-255LN(about $40 cheaper than the Stihl) or the Stihl BG86 either one would serve my needs(and I can get gutter kits for them...the one task I would be doing, rather than the wife). At only about 10lbs they wouldn't wear you out(can you attach shoulder straps on a hand-held.....or would that even make sense?).

Threads
I think you are probably right that the PB-255LN(about $40 cheaper than the Stihl) or the Stihl BG86 either one would serve my needs(and I can get gutter kits for them...the one task I would be doing, rather than the wife). At only about 10lbs they wouldn't wear you out(can you attach shoulder straps on a hand-held.....or would that even make sense?).

For me shoulder straps are not necessary, and also the Echo has a second handle in case your arm gets tired, but for some people it might be helpful. I do have a shoulder strap attached to the blower, but it as just something I made out of some strap and also the cushion for a seat belt so it is softer. But I never actually have to use it when blowing debris. See top of pic.

DSCN0145.jpg