Leak around hydro hose on left side of turf tiger

Bobby Boyd

Active Member
Well...here we go again. It looked like at least for a few days that I had solved or fixed all the issues with my new scag turf tiger. Now this! A couple of days ago I noticed a few drops of oil underneath the left rear side of mower below hoses and wheel motor area. I checked the fluid level (never seen this kind of a setup for checking the oil level) and it looked low to me. So I added some 20w-50. I am still trying to evaluate this but it looks like one of the hoses is seeping a little. I wiped it clean and checked again today and there was very fine film of oil on the coupling. Am I the only one having problems with scag mowers or am I just snake bit?

Thanks for you replies.

-bobby
 
my first scag, a tiger cub with a 48 inch deck i had for six years and put over 600 hours on it with only a couple of minor problems. then a few months ago i traded it for a turf tiger and i had a lemon. they finally gave me a new machine since i had put more hours on their demo than on my machine. i guess there's a few lemons in all of them but it sux when you are the one to get one. good luck.
 
Here are a couple of pics of leak.

-bobby
 

Attachments

  • IMGP2555.jpg
    IMGP2555.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMGP2556.jpg
    IMGP2556.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 22
It's at the dealer now (9/10/12).

The dealer said that the connectors on the hoses that were sent to scag for installation were bad. I had it in to the dealer back March 2012 for the same problem but leaking on right side. This time I have leaks on left side and also right side at the pump. Maybe it will be alright once kinks are worked out.

Thanks for your reply.

bobby
 
Back
Top