Leaves Leaf blower will not stay running

Dick Cady

Forum Newbie
Threads
I follow procedures for cold start and the blower will run about 10 seconds then die. Seems like it stops getting the gas. I can not get it to start after the initial start. Let it sit for an hour and get same results. Spark plug is dry and clean. I have checked the fuel filter in the gas tank and it appears clean. I have also loosened the gas cap thinking may be a vent issue but got same results of stall after 10 seconds. Starting to wonder if there is a problem with carb. Engine has run fine for last two years with no issues. Anyone else having a similar problem?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Check air filter for replacement, fresh gas with manufacturer suggested 2 cycle oil & mixture.

Last edited:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I follow procedures for cold start and the blower will run about 10 seconds then die. Seems like it stops getting the gas. I can not get it to start after the initial start. Let it sit for an hour and get same results. Spark plug is dry and clean. I have checked the fuel filter in the gas tank and it appears clean. I have also loosened the gas cap thinking may be a vent issue but got same results of stall after 10 seconds. Starting to wonder if there is a problem with carb. Engine has run fine for last two years with no issues. Anyone else having a similar problem?

Try cleaning the spark arresting screen, it will be located on the muffler. Use a wire brush and remove the carbon deposits from the screen and replace. That may solve your problem.