Lazer Z HP Charging problem

Bicklebok

Threads
My father passed away recently and I inherited his mower. Its an Exmark Lazer Z HP with the FH580v 19hp Kawasaki.
motor.

For some reason it keeps popping the charging fuse(violet wires) as son as the switch is turned on. I read the electrical testing info on this engine, and yesterday I started trying to test each component after looking for a loose ground. I am not real handy with a multimeter but I tried. If I didn't foul it up, once the stator output(2 white wires) measured -8 volts with engine running near full speed. Later I checked again and voltage was 29. Also, Ohms between these 2 connectors(white wires) shows 0, or a full connection.

Does this mean the stator is bad? Is it possible for a stator to work correctly one moment and not the other? Is the stator a common replacement item for this engine? And based on my readings(if I didn't foul it up), should the 2 white connectors have O OHMS?

Thank you!

Bicklebok

Threads
Thank you. That's the literature I used for testing it, and I did set the muti meter to AC when I tested the stator output.

Bicklebok

Threads
I will post back here once I figure it out on my own so maybe it will help others.

Bicklebok

Threads
I finally pulled the flywheel and there was a loose screw laying on the block and touching the stator causing a short. Problems solved!!

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Where did the loose screw come from..?