LawnMowerFanatic's 2015 Equipment/Work Thread

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
lol she's been on one on my lap, and wants to start running routes already at 4 years old.

I hope everyone has a record breaking year.

Looking good! Better learn her how to mow. She's gonna be in your crew

Threads
I know I said I was going to hand out flyers last week, but the weather didn't cooperate. But today it did. So I spend the afternoon handing them out. Just a tip: I always make sure the weather is not windy or chance of rain for two days when I look to hand out flyers. Because people miss the flyer sometimes the first day, so the second day gives them time to get it, without it getting rained on. I came back home and had two calls that turned into long-term customers......before I even was done handing out the flyers!!

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
I know I said I was going to hand out flyers last week, but the weather didn't cooperate. But today it did. So I spend the afternoon handing them out. Just a tip: I always make sure the weather is not windy or chance of rain for two days when I look to hand out flyers. Because people miss the flyer sometimes the first day, so the second day gives them time to get it, without it getting rained on. I came back home and had two calls that turned into long-term customers......before I even was done handing out the flyers!!

that's awesome! how many flyers did you put out?

Threads
With this rain, I might be mowing in a little over a week! The countdown begins...

ForumRunner_20150403_133014.png

Threads
I think I will be mowing by this coming weekend. Can't wait....it's gonna be a good year. Adding more customer's to the weekly list, a lot of yards I have done done for the past 3+ years, but lots of new ones, too.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think I will be mowing by this coming weekend. Can't wait....it's gonna be a good year. Adding more customer's to the weekly list, a lot of yards I have done done for the past 3+ years, but lots of new ones, too.

We have been running for three weeks now. We worked over 40 hours three weeks in a row.

We are still seeing the best results for getting new customers from advertising on facebook. It has worked better for us than all other means combined other than word of mouth. Most of the people who give us good word of mouth recommendations we got through facebook.

Threads
Today is the day....
I AM MOWING THE FIRST LAWN OF THE SEASON!

It has not come soon enough. This winter was one of the coldest on record, and in the second half of the winter we had a lot of snow. Not a lot of snow each time (except for the snow in March), but just lots of snow events. The forecast this week is consistently in the 60's and 70's. I'm ready.

Snapperfreak

Threads
Wow that's beautiful. Bet that was fun mowing. I'd love to mow something like that!