Lawnmower won't start still.

Tomahawk1981

Threads
I have a Toro personal pace with a 6.75 hp engine. It wasn't starting, so i put a new spark plug in, and also a new armature that was Briggs and Stratton brand. It still won't start. I tried putting gas inside where the spark plug is and tried it again and got a couple pops like it wanted to start, but only for the first 3 or 4 pulls. Can anyone help me on what i could do next to get it working again? I've heard on here about sanding the mount where the armature sits, and read one post that said that is only cosmetic. When i installed the armature, i gapped it to .010" with the correct tool so i know it's where it's supposed to be. Any suggestions anybody?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
What condition is this mower in? did you buy it used as a fixer upper, or have you owned it since new and worked fine one week and not the next...or did you hit something with it and it died?
also post up the engine model numbers.
1628459155036.png

Tomahawk1981

Threads
I bought it new and it started having trouble starting last year, but it would still start. This year nothing. It's been outside though, so I'm sure that didn't help. Never hit anything with it. As far as the model number from the engine, the sticker fell off the back of the engine so i don't know the model, or serial number.

Tomahawk1981

Threads
It looks like the one in the top right of that diagram you posted. Spark plug right on thr front, air filter on the left, exhaust on the right side.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I bought it new and it started having trouble starting last year, but it would still start. This year nothing. It's been outside though, so I'm sure that didn't help. Never hit anything with it. As far as the model number from the engine, the sticker fell off the back of the engine so i don't know the model, or serial number.
The model number will be stamped into the sheet metal cover above the muffler or sparkplug

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
See if you can pour about a tablespoon of gas or spray starting fluid into the intake behind the air filter..if it starts and dies on that, i'd clean the carburetor... could have water in the carb as well.