Lawnboy reed plates and gaskets, why the tiny hole?

Phototone

Threads
Lawnboy reed plates (at least on the "F" engines), and yes I know the reed plate is a part of the crankcase, have a tiny hole above the reeds, this hole is present in the original gaskets and there is also this teeny-tiny hole on the carb. flange. Many replacement gaskets don't have this hole punched out, thus blocking it. What is it for, and what would happen if it is blocked? I have been reusing the original gaskets with form-a-gasket sealer to compensate for wear of the gaskets when rebuilding, because the new universal lawn-boy gaskets don't have this hole.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Probably was an impulse port hole in some other applications...

impalass

Threads
Lawnboy reed plates (at least on the "F" engines), and yes I know the reed plate is a part of the crankcase, have a tiny hole above the reeds, this hole is present in the original gaskets and there is also this teeny-tiny hole on the carb. flange. Many replacement gaskets don't have this hole punched out, thus blocking it. What is it for, and what would happen if it is blocked? I have been reusing the original gaskets with form-a-gasket sealer to compensate for wear of the gaskets when rebuilding, because the new universal lawn-boy gaskets don't have this hole.
Depends on what part number you have. I think that the gaskets with the hole is meant for the 4.5 HP engine.

Phototone

Threads
Depends on what part number you have. I think that the gaskets with the hole is meant for the 4.5 HP engine.

Well, I've found plate, gasket and carb to have the tiny hole on 4 hp "F" engines too!!!

Phototone

Threads
Is that the walbro carb.

Well, the one I'm working on now is a Walbro carb on a 4 hp "F" engine. Is the tiny hole only for Walbro carbs?