Lawnboy bricktop

weezer4117

Forum Newbie
Lawnboy bricktop w/pics

I just aquired a lawn bot bricktop from a guy at work. The mower appears to be original but the motor is blue and the deck is yellow, even the grass chute is yellow. All of the original decals are on the motor. Is this original? I will try to get some pictures for the forum but I am curious if the paint scheme is factory done...... Thanks
 

Attachments

  • lawnboy1.jpg
    lawnboy1.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Re: Lawnboy bricktop w/pics

I just aquired a lawn bot bricktop from a guy at work. The mower appears to be original but the motor is blue and the deck is yellow, even the grass chute is yellow. All of the original decals are on the motor. Is this original? I will try to get some pictures for the forum but I am curious if the paint scheme is factory done...... Thanks

That's a very interesting combination of colors and a fine addition to any LB collection. I'm just guessing but I have a hard time believing that the color combo is original -- it's just too strange. :confused2:
 
I agree with the IH deck and maybe an old snow blower engine, but hey, I like it! I wouldn't change a thing about it. Tune her up if it needs it and use it. :)
 
I just bought a Lawn-Boy Brick-Top Commercial (model 6255, 1977) after a week of seeing it every day on CraigsList and not having my emails returned. :eek:

How about that gas tank? It looks like you could mow an eight hour day without a refill.

LB-6255-01.jpg
 
I just bought a Lawn-Boy Brick-Top Commercial (model 6255, 1977) after a week of seeing it every day on CraigsList and not having my emails returned. :eek:

How about that gas tank? It looks like you could mow an eight hour day without a refill.

LB-6255-01.jpg

That was the first lawn boy I ever owned. Been looking for one everywhere!! None on eBay, and none locally on Craigslist. I guess another one will pop up if I continue searching!! Good luck with it. Nice find!!
 
Those old Brick-Tops pop up once in a while -- you have to just keep looking. :wink:

I think my fellow Lawn-Boy collectors can relate to the stress I was under for six days as the ad (with photo) was up on CraigsList -- but no replies to my emails. :mur:
 
Two-Stroke said:
Those old Brick-Tops pop up once in a while -- you have to just keep looking. :wink:

I think my fellow Lawn-Boy collectors can relate to the stress I was under for six days as the ad (with photo) was up on CraigsList -- but no replies to my emails. :mur:

I bet you were stressed. Funny how a lawn mower makes you that way, but LB's aren't just another mower. I hope you were able to buy it for craigslist prices, and not eBay lol.
 
Back
Top