Lawnboy 5253 not speeding up

Tristan2021

Threads
Hello everyone I just cleaned out the carb and did a carb rebuild kit new plug and fresh gas and it just won't speed up any help greatly appreciated

impalass

Threads
Hello everyone I just cleaned out the carb and did a carb rebuild kit new plug and fresh gas and it just won't speed up any help greatly appreciated
Did you connect the spring to the collar?

Tristan2021

Threads
Originally Posted by "impalass"

I think so is that where the air vane is and it was allready on their to my knowledge i have never before worked on mower 2 cycle engines only every scooter 2 cycle and any 4 stroke lawnmower

impalass

Threads
Originally Posted by "impalass"

I think so is that where the air vane is and it was allready on their to my knowledge i have never before worked on mower 2 cycle engines only every scooter 2 cycle and any 4 stroke lawnmower
The spring is under the vane. One end of the spring attaches to the collar and the other end attaches to the lever.
https://lookup3.toro.com/Ill/1x/5/5737/80730057.gif

impalass

Threads
When the engine is running reach under the shroud and move the vane and the rpm should change.
Moving the vane towards the back of mower will increase the rpm.

22R

Threads
To piggy back on this question, I am redoing an older F series engine lawnboy and am new to them as well but not two stokes. Right now I have the engine only mounted to a body with no blade test running engine no throttle cable or engine brake. Question is it starts easy and idles well and takes the gas if I move the air vane but when it revs it is more of a ting..ting..ting sound than that of a Wheeeeeen like say an echo trimmer or chainsaw. I realize that the RPM's are lower on these engines and that may be it I am just not used to it. I don't want to wind it up long with no load just wondering if it is right or not. I can kill the engine and crank it with a half pull of the cord and it will idle fine. I have adjusted the mixture screw and it seems that it is where it needs to be. Any tips appreciated and maybe can help the OP with his problems to.

Thanks,
22R

Tristan2021

Threads
When the engine is running reach under the shroud and move the vane and the rpm should change.
Moving the vane towards the back of mower will increase the rpm.

yes i did that but i think the spring for the air vane is not working do you think that is the problem?

Tristan2021

Threads
To piggy back on this question, I am redoing an older F series engine lawnboy and am new to them as well but not two stokes. Right now I have the engine only mounted to a body with no blade test running engine no throttle cable or engine brake. Question is it starts easy and idles well and takes the gas if I move the air vane but when it revs it is more of a ting..ting..ting sound than that of a Wheeeeeen like say an echo trimmer or chainsaw. I realize that the RPM's are lower on these engines and that may be it I am just not used to it. I don't want to wind it up long with no load just wondering if it is right or not. I can kill the engine and crank it with a half pull of the cord and it will idle fine. I have adjusted the mixture screw and it seems that it is where it needs to be. Any tips appreciated and maybe can help the OP with his problems to.

Thanks,
22R

i am not new to 2 strokes

impalass

Threads

Thanks,
22R
Rpm should be 3100, 3200 MAX. Low speed is around 2600.