Lawnboy 10422 - two questions

Ejd148

Threads
I just picked up a 10422 that I plan to clean up and use. I removed the engine from the deck which leads me to my first question.

1. Are all three holes (mounting location) where the engine attaches to the deck supposed to be raised or domed? As you can see in the picture one isn't like the others and I assume that deck bolt was loose causing the vibrations to wear down the deck over time. I'll probably JB weld a washer to that area and paint over it.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

2. This is my first time seeing a plastic carb on an F series LB. Are there supposed to be two plastic collars to cover both holes on the air filter box?

image.jpg

Thanks,

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes, they are all supposed to be raised. I would only put a washer one the worn one if the engine does not sit flat on the deck. Yes, there should be a second plug, but again I would not worry about it. Many do not have any plugs and as long as you are using the correct air filter, it will prevent dirt from entering the engine.

Ejd148

Threads
Yes, they are all supposed to be raised. I would only put a washer one the worn one if the engine does not sit flat on the deck. Yes, there should be a second plug, but again I would not worry about it. Many do not have any plugs and as long as you are using the correct air filter, it will prevent dirt from entering the engine.

Great thanks! Yes the plan is only to use a washer on the worn location.