Lawnboy 10247 DF 6.5 throttle spring question

joe1365

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everyone,

My LB 10247 is having trouble with the throttle spring. Last time (and first time ever, thanks to advice read on this board!) I cleaned the carb I noticed it seemed "looser". Since then it has fallen off the hook a couple times, resulting in the motor getting stuck in slow mode. I can't seem to find a replacement spring at the usual parts places so I'm wondering if there is a way to "tighten" these springs? Very open to any ideas at this point.

Another question please. When I say the motor is stuck in slow mode, it means that when I look in from the exhaust side, the plastic throttle is as close to me as it can get. Moving it away from me revs the engine to the point when I push it all the way over, when it runs high but seems to sputter some. So I was assuming this was slow mode. Is that correct? When I noticed the spring was loose, I ran the mower out of gas and it ran for hours, much longer than I usually make it on a tank. It was not as loud, but ran smoothly. In short, I am wondering what the correct throttle position is for slow, normal, and choke if looking in from the exhaust side. I want to know so I can do some testing after I put it back together.

Thanks for the help, again. Reading this board has also inspired me to rejet my DF. The bits came the other day, and this spring issue has presented the perfect opportunity to go ahead and do it.

Thanks
Joe

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to LawnWorld!

We moved your thread to the Lawn Boy forum.

beg

Threads
that spring falls off when it gets stretched from improper removal.yes it falls off on reassembly too and then you have to pick a favorite cuss word and start all over.your spring most likely is still good.Lawnboys take a lot of paitence to work on.You can make the flat rate once you do it a few times and dont clean nothing but a dirty durafoce makes for pricey repairslawn boy 3 001.jpg