lawn tractor wont run

nozup4u

Forum Newbie
Just replaced fly wheel and alternator on craftsman 20 hp lawn tractor---briggs and Stratton after magnets detached and damaged them. great spark and engine turns over and seems to be firing gas as exhaust is getting hot and backfired couple times, but just wont run. Used to fix old lawn mowers when I was a kid but don't know much about all these electrical system components and thinking that might be the issue. please help.
 
I'll bet you sheared the flywheel key, due to the fact that it was not torqued properly. Start with checking the key.
 
Thanks guys...that was exactly the problem. Now I can't find proper torque for that flywheel....anyone know what it is?
 
If we knew the model numbers of the engine, we would be able to help you. My ESP is in a fog due to all the rain we've been having.
 
Back
Top