Buying Advice Lawn tractor for .54 acres?

There was a lot of ford pintos on the road did not mean it was a good car.

I have a few friends that have JDs all of them have spindles break and decks twist.
I put them on a cub Custer ltx1040. Was like night and day for them.
The JD gives a good cut but is no good in grass over 4 inches tall or wet. The pulley design on the decks is crap the belts slip and burn up. They made the blade tip speed fast thinking that's what will sell a mower.
Just look on here at all the problems people have with them. Now I know what your going to say. You see more MTDs and AYP mowers in the shop. Maybe could be that they make thousands more mowers a year then JD

As I have said before john Deere makes very good farm and construction equipment but their mowers are over priced for what you get.

Around here the only place that sells JD riding mowers is lowes the dealer does not carry them but will order you one.

Sorry back in them days I wasn't a Ford Mechanic. I was a Chevrolet mechanic Lets start with the Corvair, Vega, and then the great GM diesel they put in their cars. Yes they sold a lot of them and they put money in my pocket.
 
There was a lot of ford pintos on the road did not mean it was a good car.

I have a few friends that have JDs all of them have spindles break and decks twist.
I put them on a cub Custer ltx1040. Was like night and day for them.
The JD gives a good cut but is no good in grass over 4 inches tall or wet. The pulley design on the decks is crap the belts slip and burn up. They made the blade tip speed fast thinking that's what will sell a mower.
Just look on here at all the problems people have with them. Now I know what your going to say. You see more MTDs and AYP mowers in the shop. Maybe could be that they make thousands more mowers a year then JD

As I have said before john Deere makes very good farm and construction equipment but their mowers are over priced for what you get.

Around here the only place that sells JD riding mowers is lowes the dealer does not carry them but will order you one.

Hahahaha the pinto my dad had one catch fire on him lol
 
Sorry back in them days I wasn't a Ford Mechanic. I was a Chevrolet mechanic Lets start with the Corvair, Vega, and then the great GM diesel they put in their cars. Yes they sold a lot of them and they put money in my pocket.

See just like john Deere they sell a lot of them and it puts money in repair shops pockets.

I would like to have a vega now.
 
I think it was a couple years ago john Deere had mowers that caught on fire.
My first diet track car was a pinto.
2.3 4cly 200 hp

Fun my first track car (drift) 83 rwd Toyota celica coupe 4cyl 22re ram air intake 3" straight pipe exhaust that thing moved (except on snow) it caught fire once when I installed the radio I failed to see the wire was going to bounce around on a piece of sheet metal well 2 months later it sparked and lit a small fire I had a gallon jug of water I put it out with. Ok so enough off topic just needed to say that
 
I do not consider JD as a top brand in the $1500 price range. Just about any mower for $1500 is in a higher class then the JD.

This is a shame that this is said. As I understand the 100 series is made in the US at the John Deere Plant In Greeneville, TN. Just why can't made in America mean something any more. Yes that is the reason I drive a Toyota car because the last Chevrolet I own was a money pit in repairs. This is sad but true.
 
Back
Top