lawn mower

I believe it has to do with leftover combustion residue and it's corrosive properties....:smile:

You won't remove all the oil residue, all you are doing IMO is exposing more of the internals to moisture. Never heard of a engine having problems because of oil in it. Seems counterproductive to me. I have taken apart lots of engines and never seen a engine corrode below the oil line.
 
You won't remove all the oil residue, all you are doing IMO is exposing more of the internals to moisture. Never heard of a engine having problems because of oil in it. Seems counterproductive to me. I have taken apart lots of engines and never seen a engine corrode below the oil line.
Neither have I.
 
Why would you drain the oil? Never heard of anyone doing this for storage.

I don't want anything that burns under the house. And leaking oil sure makes a mess under there too. Ideally the last drain would have a refill with nice clean oil for storage.
 
Why would you drain the oil? Never heard of anyone doing this for storage.

I don't want anything that burns under the house. And leaking oil sure makes a mess under there too. Ideally the last drain would have a refill with nice clean oil for storage.
 
Back
Top