Lawn Mower Rental Services

minkyung

Threads
Hi There! May I know much is rent in USA (estimate only) of a ride-on mower and walk-behind mower? I read somewhere in this forum that there are rental services for these machines. I just wish to compare. Thanks!

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hi There! May I know much is rent in USA (estimate only) of a ride-on mower and walk-behind mower? I read somewhere in this forum that there are rental services for these machines. I just wish to compare. Thanks!

Hertz Rental Equipment provides rental equipment and used equipment for sale or rent, there Daily rate for a 13" to 24" Push mower is like $40 per day, Weekly rate is $115 or you can get it for a month for $220. In my opinion there rates are ridiculous when you stop and consider you can buy the mower they're renting which is a Honda 216 I believe for less than $400.00 at Home Depot.
Most Rental Company's prices are averaging about the same. You can rent Trimmers, chain saws, edgers about anything you want for Lawn Care, but there prices are ridiculous. (Link Below )

https://www.hertzequip.com/herc/home/index.jsp?targetPage=homeView.jsp

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hertz Rental Equipment provides rental equipment and used equipment for sale or rent, there Daily rate for a 13" to 24" Push mower is like $40 per day, Weekly rate is $115 or you can get it for a month for $220. In my opinion there rates are ridiculous when you stop and consider you can buy the mower they're renting which is a Honda 216 I believe for less than $400.00 at Home Depot.
Most Rental Company's prices are averaging about the same. You can rent Trimmers, chain saws, edgers about anything you want for Lawn Care, but there prices are ridiculous. (Link Below )

https://www.hertzequip.com/herc/home/index.jsp?targetPage=homeView.jsp

That is WAY too much...the last three or four self propelled pushers I have purchased were about $265 at most, with tax. If you only need one for a few days, makes sense to buy new, use it, then sell and you will still be money ahead. REntal prices are inane, and I never rent unless I have to, but they say "we sell time, and we charge for all time out" cannot blame them.

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
That is WAY too much...the last three or four self propelled pushers I have purchased were about $265 at most, with tax. If you only need one for a few days, makes sense to buy new, use it, then sell and you will still be money ahead. REntal prices are inane, and I never rent unless I have to, but they say "we sell time, and we charge for all time out" cannot blame them.

Why would you sell it if you could get that number to rent it? I've never heard of anyone renting a lawn mower before but I think I would consider that over landscaping eh Minkyung?

indypower

Threads
I used to rent used snowblowers for $40/day plus gas. Tank was full when it left and must be full on return. Plus you pay for anything you break. This worked out great when we had big storms. People who rented them 1). didn't want to shovel 1 ft snow. 2). their snowblower was in the shop being repaired.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

Yea you can buy mowers for $265, I think some of the other models that Home depot sells go in that price range. The one I was referring to was the Honda at home Depot. The last time I checked it was $399.99 without tax and even at that price I'd buy before I'd rent.

minkyung

Threads
Why would you sell it if you could get that number to rent it? I've never heard of anyone renting a lawn mower before but I think I would consider that over landscaping eh Minkyung?

Hi RobertBrown, you seem to read my mind well :) You hit it right. My partner and I are discussing. If we buy machines and face stiff competition, why dont't we just rent them out? Less headache, I think, except for maintenance of machines. They need to be in top shape all the time. If not, people will not rent. He's thinking of this as exit strategy. I'm thinking of it as primary strategy.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think renting mowers is really a stupid thing to try and do. The real question should be why would anyone want to rent a lawn mower to begin with especially at $40 a day or $220 monthly and do it yourself. You can hire a lawn care business for $50 to $80 a month and everything in the yard done, it ain't rocket science.

minkyung

Threads
Hi Ric! Thank you for your insights :) I am surprised also. But if there are people who pay to rent equipment, then I will let them.

Question, when people hire lawn care business, is it a 3-month, 6-month or 12-month contract? Just wondering.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hi Ric! Thank you for your insights :) I am surprised also. But if there are people who pay to rent equipment, then I will let them.

Question, when people hire lawn care business, is it a 3-month, 6-month or 12-month contract? Just wondering.

Yea If I could find the people to pay those rates I'd rent too. As far as contracts go in the Lawn care business that would be up to the individual business. Most businesses that do contracts do the twelve month contracts, some don't bother with contracts.

As for me and my residential accounts because of the money that's involved I don't use contracts, I bill by the month. We average about nine months a year for mowing, the other three are used for yard clean-ups leafs and some yard debris, mulch installation, cleaning flower beds and so on.
If I were to be in the Commercial end where you could be talking thousands of dollars for a job I would definitely do the contract thing.