Lawn Mower Engine Brake Too Tall - Dangerous?

TylerFrankel1

Threads
Hey y'all, I'm working on a lawn mower to sell, and I've got a slight problem. I got a mower where the person had hit a stump, and the engine was worn out anyway, so I replaced the motor with a spare 3.5HP engine. It had to be mounted "backwards" like the old school engines with the plug facing towards the operator in order for the recoil to face the right way, and the engine brake was tricky to set up, but I got it working. There's only a couple problems. One is that where the recoil cover screws into the engine block, part of the block broke somehow, so now only 2 bolts are holding it down, though that seems to be fine. The other issue is that the blade I have might be an inch shorter than it should be but I don't think that's a major problem either. The only real issue is that the engine brake is not original to the engine (I had to find one at a scrap yard) and it is 'taller' than the flywheel so it doesn't fully contact it except for where the magnet is. As a result it makes a strange noise when stopping. I have a video of it here. At 50 seconds you can see the brake up close and see it in action at 3:45:
I don't think it's dangerous or a problem but I wanted a second opinion. Thanks y'all!