LAWN CARE TRAILER SUGGESTIONS

Threads
I was just wondering if buying an open trailer or enclosed trailer would be a better thing to do. I have had a lawn care business for 2 years now and plan on growing. I know that an open trailer is easier to access but open to the elements, and an enclosed trailer can be a huge billboard for your business, but can make your truck get worse gas mileage. And then there is the price difference. Suggestions?? :anyone:

D2hornets58

Threads
Also think about where you want to keep your equipment. If you get an open trailer you have to take your stuff off it and put it in a garage unless you have enough room to back the whole trailer in. If you go with enclosed trailer then you would have the option of keeping your equipment in the trailer instead of unloading at the end of every day.

Threads
Also think about where you want to keep your equipment. If you get an open trailer you have to take your stuff off it and put it in a garage unless you have enough room to back the whole trailer in. If you go with enclosed trailer then you would have the option of keeping your equipment in the trailer instead of unloading at the end of every day.

Yeah, good point.

Threads
equipment can be locked in the enclosed trailer while mowing back yards...

preventing theft of your equipment.

that's the route i would go...

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I say enclosed just to keep it locked up.
And as far as putting your things in the garage at night why? If your out working and it rains do you find some place to get your things out of the rain?
I don't know where the myth came from that your mower should not get wet from rain but it's ok to wash it off with a hose Just saying

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
And as far as putting your things in the garage at night why? If your out working and it rains do you find some place to get your things out of the rain?
I don't know where the myth came from that your mower should not get wet from rain but it's ok to wash it off with a hose Just saying

I run a chain through my equipment with a padlock, A lock only keeps an honest man honest if someone wanted to steal your stuff they will regardless of what you have so if you eliminate the opportunity with a chain or enclosed trailer it does take a large risk away but not completely. I use a flat bed trailer with side ramps. and i throw a tarp over it at night its risky but the trailer wont fit in my garage its pretty hidden where i park it and i have motion sensors and a driveway beeper that will go off if someone comes in my yard and i hear it in the house. A flat bed is so nice i just drive my mower right up the side and into the trailer And all my equipment is very accessible, it saves time not having to open and close door and crawl into the trailer and out. But i have thought about an enclosed trailer just cant justify the efficency loss and the heat i cant imagine how hot it gets in them.

D2hornets58

Threads

Thats true. I always just keep my stuff in the garage but you got a good point.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
The enclosed trailer doesn't offer anymore security than an open trailer, it locks the same way as the open, with a padlock or two. Any open trailer setup with trimmer racks, blower racks and so on all have locking systems. If you're worried about your equipment at night a garage is the best security and even then there's no guarantee.

The nice thing about the open trailer is the rack systems that lock when you're on the job, you can go to the trailer and with a turn of a key you can get what you need without the hassle of dropping and closing a full gate every time you need something, that gets old in a hurry. Say nothing about opening and closing the gate four times to get your mowers unloaded and loaded. I'll stay with the open.