Lawn Boy Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

tjayjones

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello! I have a 10318 silver series with the 6hp Briggs and a 10552 gold pro 2 cycle. Both in great condition!

PBKFL22

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey everyone. I have a 10324 that I have been using for a few years now.Lawn Boy.jpg

r1100ron

Forum Newbie
Threads
Howdy:

Name is Ron, live in Houston. I grew up mowing with a later 70's Lawn Boy "Utility" (steel deck, F engine?). Loved it and always wanted another. I recently picked up this nice 1974 7263 with D-600 motor and magnesium deck. Previous owner recently replaced piston and rings. Bearings seem ok. I put new wheels, blade, and primer bulb on it and it runs like a banshee. I can't believe how light and easy to maneuver this is than my Honda HRC216HXA commercial. What a beast. Only thing left to do is figure out a starter pinion retainer clip solution (the replacement part doesn't work) and repaint the deck. I intend to make this my "daily driver".

Attachments

• 20151114130413-446501960.jpg
    20151114130413-446501960.jpg
    509.9 KB · Views: 30

unclelee

Threads
Good to see a fellow Houston lawnboy guy on here.
Lee

2smoked

Threads
That is one of the nicest looking examples of that particular model, that I have seen in a while. If it was my mower, I would not repaint the deck, if it was indeed going to be a daily driver. Looks like it has a lot of good original paint on it and the decals look to be in great shape. The white plastic shroud looks to be very clean too.

Vinsky

Forum Newbie
Threads
Got my first Lawnboy almost 50 years ago. Don't know why I remembered it as special, but today I stopped by a salvage yard and saw this Lawnboy sitting, my name on it. For $6.00 I brought it home. My hobby is antique motorcycles but this thing got me going and 6 hours later it's all apart and cleaned up.
It's a Model 8401 and appears to be in good mechanical condition. Lots of grease on wheels and drive shaft so I think some one took good care of it. The deck had 2 good size holes in it which is not a problem for me.
I plan to rebuild the carb, put new bearings, seals gaskets in it and enjoy it.
Thanks to those who put this great site together, I'll be back again often.
Vinsky

skrusins

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello to all. I have a M21EMR that I've had since new.

hey_ygbsm

Forum Newbie
Threads
Forum Newbie

New Guy Check-In from Dayton, OH. I have a 1991 S21ZPR I bought from Montgomery Wards in Las Vegas. Still runs like a top!

Tunar

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, Thank you for hosting this forum. I've been Landscaping for 30 years now and fix all my own equipment. Recently I've exhausted my expertise while trying to fix a Lawn Boy that I own. It's a S21ZSR. I'm hoping that someone here may be able to help.

- Josh