Lawn Boy C 10 Iron Horse

m33kent77

Threads
If anyone knows the proper way to set the governor on this model, I would be much obliged with some help. I do not know how tight the screws need to be on the governor lever. Thanks.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It would help your cause if you would post the model and serial numbers for both the unit and engine. I do like taking stabs in the dark.

m33kent77

Threads
o
Ok. It is a 8F20 1955 Lawn Boy. C10 2.0 horsepower Iron
horse. You should have known that, if you know what you are talking about.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
With that comment you’ll get no help from me, because you just bit the hand that was trying to feed you. I probably don’t know what I’m talking about, that’s why I asked the question. I’m a retired teacher, you didn’t read my signature. I’ve only been working on small engines for over 50 years, have probably rebuilt more engines than you have repaired, at one time was certified by six manufacturers, and have had students who own their own businesses. Guess I don’t have enough experience to meet you needs, or expertise. You sound far smarter than me and most members on this forum, but someone might be able to help you out one of these days, until then I would just crank the hell out of those governor screws. You don’t want them coming loose.

m33kent77

Threads
Sorry Rivets. Was not trying to be smart. i just assumed all the C-10 iron Horse engines were the same. i guess I was wrong. I have totally rebuilt D models and have worked on F and Dura Force, but this is a little different to me.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’m going against my better judgment, but I guess my experience as a teacher tells me that Some people make very stupid mistakes. If you ever use this or any other forum to get help, don’t ASSUME that you know more than those who try to help you. There’s a reason you ask questions and there are reasons questions are asked of you. Even those who might not know the answer will ask questions to better understand your problem and use that knowledge to better themselves. As you can see, your reply didn’t help you in any way or make you look good. At least I think you realized you screwed up royally and I accept your apology. Here is a service manual for the Lawn Boy C-Series engines I downloaded years ago that will help you and other Lawn Boy guys out there. You will need to go to this site and download it, as it will not download directly. Just remember what ASSUME means when you devide it into three words. Don’t Try to make me Or others look bad in the future or it will not make you look good. https://www.mytractorforum.com/attachments/lawn-boy-c-engine-service-pdf.922914/

Last edited:

m33kent77

Threads
I am much obliged Rivets and will not make that mistake again. i appreciate your help sir.