Lawn Boy 8F20 C10 Iron Horse

m33kent77

Threads
Hi everyone, I have a Lawn Boy C10 Iron Horse that I totally rebuilt. The only original parts are the cylinder sleeve and the crankcase. I have compression and a great spark. i can not get it to run and am open to any ideas. Thanks

FuzzyDriver

Threads
Great spark, but are you certain that the timing is right? Is premix getting into the cylinder? Got any pictures of it?

m33kent77

Threads
I tried to send pictures of it, but it says file is too large. I know I have the points set right as far as gap. I do not know how to check to see if fuel is getting into cylinder.

m33kent77

Threads
Spray some carb cleaner into the spark plug hole and see if it will fire. If it fires you’re probably not getting fuel from the carb to the cylinder. Did you install new crankshaft seals? If you don’t have this manual it may help with timing. https://www.mytractorforum.com/attachments/lawn-boy-c-engine-service-pdf.922914/
I did put new crankshaft seals in it, but I did not try spraying carb cleaner in the spark plug hole. Thanks.for.that troubleshoot. What would cause fuel not to get to the cylinder?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Many possibilities. Air leak in crankcase, rings not sealing cylinder, air leak between carb and block, float level too low, not getting fuel in carb.

m33kent77

Threads
Great spark, but are you certain that the timing is right? Is premix getting into the cylinder? Got any pictures of it?
It is saying the photo is too large of a file.to send. The points are set to the right gap. As far as timing, I do not know. I have to wait to get some carb cleaner to put in the spark plug hole to see if I runs on that. That should tell me whether fuel is getting into the cylinder. If it is not, I guess it could be many possibilities according.to Rivets.

m33kent77

Threads
Many possibilities. Air leak in crankcase, rings not sealing cylinder, air leak between carb and block, float level too low, not getting fuel in carb.
I will try to put carb cleaner in spark plug hole and see if it runs. I have heard of crankcase getting pinholes in them. I will go from there. I think the timing is right cause that is the lobe on the crankshaft that sets that, correct? I mean , when you set the points. In any case, I appreciate.your info and will keep you posted. Thank you.

JDeere101

Threads
It is saying the photo is too large of a file.to send. The points are set to the right gap. As far as timing, I do not know. I have to wait to get some carb cleaner to put in the spark plug hole to see if I runs on that. That should tell me whether fuel is getting into the cylinder. If it is not, I guess it could be many possibilities according.to Rivets.
Put the photo in Paint and resize it down then try it.