Lawn Boy 1985 8241AE

turfboy1997

Threads
I bought a 8241AE over the weekend. The carb was super varnished from sitting i don't know how long. Once i got it cleaned i attached a cup starter and rope to the top and it started on the 1st pull. I let it run for 10 min and the mower died all the sudden. I checked for spark and it had none. I had a new coil so i replaced it and it started before i got to the end of the rope. I went to batteries plus and got a new emergency light battery for $23 two primes and it fires extremely easy with the battery. I took it all the way down to the frame and degreased the whole machine. I taped the decals and touched up the deck greased the capstan and here is the finished product. Hope you enjoy the pics! It has been pretty quiet on here for a while so i thought i would break the silence!

Attachments

• IMG_6472.jpg
    IMG_6472.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_6473.jpg
    IMG_6473.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_6474.jpg
    IMG_6474.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_6475.jpg
    IMG_6475.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 52

okiepc

Threads
Very nice mower, you a lucky to find that. :thumbsup:

Threads
I bought a 8241AE over the weekend. The carb was super varnished from sitting i don't know how long. Once i got it cleaned i attached a cup starter and rope to the top and it started on the 1st pull. I let it run for 10 min and the mower died all the sudden. I checked for spark and it had none. I had a new coil so i replaced it and it started before i got to the end of the rope. I went to batteries plus and got a new emergency light battery for $23 two primes and it fires extremely easy with the battery. I took it all the way down to the frame and degreased the whole machine. I taped the decals and touched up the deck greased the capstan and here is the finished product. Hope you enjoy the pics! It has been pretty quiet on here for a while so i thought i would break the silence!

awesome.gif :thumbsup::thumbsup:

turfboy1997

Threads
maybe not as bad as you guys but its pretty bad here too!

kevinkyle46542

Forum Newbie
Threads
i just got one given to me..i dont know anything about them other than they are a great mower... i bought a charger off ebay and a NOS battery from amazon...everything looks clean and new condition...gonna try and fire it up when the parts arrive..if it doesnt go i have a superb lawn care repair shop staffed by older gentelmen who know everything bout these old mowers so i feel confident i have a great piece... i'll post photo's and video when the beast is awake and running!!