Its 2 cycle? That's different story I would have to agree with the above then pour some seafoam or marvel mystery oil into spark plug hole and run a little extra oil in the mix try to get it to spin.
I'm sorry, I should have mentioned that- like I said, I am new at this but learning. I will try the marvel if I can find some tomorrow- prob easier than finding sea foam. But thanks a million ! I have new hope![]()
DIY Granny,
I give you a lot of credit for sticking with it and trying to get it fixed. I can't even get the Granny that I've shared a tooth brush rack with for 34 years to even look at a mower. I've tried to convince her that riding on the mower will give her a good all around tan, but she's not taking the bait...:laughing: Keep trying, hopefully some of the experts here will get you through it. They are the BEST!
Bruce
Thanks for the inspiration ! I've never claimed to know much but I'll always try to figure it out before I ask ( or pay ) for help. I've learned a lot and it's like my mom always said "your hands are washable". Off to find some Marvel oil :smile:
PROGRESS, I think. I have been cleaning and oiling, tried the marvel suggestion, and now when I tip it on it's side I can get the blade to turn. Not sure, but that has to be a good sign. I did hear a little clanking but not sure what to tear apart next. I have the coil off and the vent thing that the spark plug goes into and unhooked the kill switch. I'm not sure why I did all that - but it seemed like the thing to do at the time. Do I need to dig deeper into the motor ? You guys have been GREAT !! Oh, BTW, it does not turn when upright YET
Clanking sounds are hopefully the valves not something else. This is the next thing to check imo
Clanking sounds on a two-stroke, which doesn't turn unless on its side, sounds like a broken rod.