Lawn Agreements

Skydragon750

Threads
Thanks Exotion I will into that. Working on growing my business of 15 customers to 30 in 2015. That's my goal so with an agreement looks more professional.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks Exotion I will into that. Working on growing my business of 15 customers to 30 in 2015. That's my goal so with an agreement looks more professional.

Where or why would you think having people sign a contract would make you look more professional? Can I ask what type of equipment you are running?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads

I don't think it makes you look more professional. I use them on customers where I get that feeling like I might be looking at the short end of a stick soon... You all know the type lawn looks junky house looks junky and the person looks junky.

I've only sent about 10 people to the collections in 5 years... So ya and I've let more go and counted my losses gotta just read people well not everyone wants to sign a contract and in fact it will prolly scare more people away than you'll get out of it.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't think it makes you look more professional. I use them on customers where I get that feeling like I might be looking at the short end of a stick soon... You all know the type lawn looks junky house looks junky and the person looks junky.

I've only sent about 10 people to the collections in 5 years... So ya and I've let more go and counted my losses gotta just read people well not everyone wants to sign a contract and in fact it will prolly scare more people away than you'll get out of it.

I doesn't make you look more professional, just lazy as one client told me. She said she would never sign another contract because the businesses that use them don't show up half the time to do the job they contracted to do but expect there money anyway. If you want to look professional do a professional job and your client list will grow.

Skydragon750

Threads
We'll I have a Gravely commerical 42 ZTR, shindaiwa t242, husquvarna 150bt backpack blower. The agreement is for a business growth and like I said word of mouth is alright but for some of those dead beats, we'll I will have something to stand on if they don't won't to pay. I don't mind taking them to court. As a business man you have to have a standard, my time cutting your yard is money not free.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
We'll I have a Gravely commerical 42 ZTR, shindaiwa t242, husquvarna 150bt backpack blower. The agreement is for a business growth and like I said word of mouth is alright but for some of those dead beats, we'll I will have something to stand on if they don't won't to pay. I don't mind taking them to court. As a business man you have to have a standard, my time cutting your yard is money not free.

Sometimes taking a loss to make someone pay is worth it...

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
Where's the best web site to get a lawn agreement to go by when making your own.

i contract everyone and would be happy to email you mine (written by my attorney). its already paid for and I don't mind helping you out.

a contract is more professional it clearly explains what you are going to do and how you're going to do it. it also explains what the customer is responsible for, payments ect.

Ric isn't entirely wrong in saying small claims court may cost you more then its worth, but anything is better then nothing. part of owning a business is managing it, and making decisions. so you have to make the decision on whether or not its enough to sue over.

I've never had anyone not be OK with signing a contract. they will understand you are looking out for the best interest of both parties involved.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
i contract everyone and would be happy to email you mine (written by my attorney). its already paid for and I don't mind helping you out.

a contract is more professional it clearly explains what you are going to do and how you're going to do it. it also explains what the customer is responsible for, payments ect.

Ric isn't entirely wrong in saying small claims court may cost you more then its worth, but anything is better then nothing. part of owning a business is managing it, and making decisions. so you have to make the decision on whether or not its enough to sue over.

I've never had anyone not be OK with signing a contract. they will understand you are looking out for the best interest of both parties involved.

I wouldn't mind a copy of that lol

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have contracts also. It does make you look good, because the client KNOWS for what he is paying for. I include the price, the day I will come to cut (weather permitting) and how many times I come (once a week).

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I find people do not want to have a contract.
I do not use them.
I do not take checks cash only paid as soon as I am done.
If they are not going to be home they will leave the cash.

The few commercial accounts I have put the money on my pay pal. The last day of the month.

I am not going to spend $100 because I got a bad $50 check.

I am not sure I even know anyone that still has a check book.