L118 slowing down firward and reverse

daddyin92

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2005 John Deere L118 and it has slowed down some going forward and has really slowed down in reversen,does it come with age or is the rod on the pedal the problem and can it be fixed

PJ

Threads
I have a 2005 John Deere L118 and it has slowed down some going forward and has really slowed down in reversen,does it come with age or is the rod on the pedal the problem and can it be fixed

Hi
I do not know the L118 and would need more info if it is belt drive check belt condition and tension. If it is direct drive check oil level and drive couplings

Regards
PJ

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you can't take any play up on the belt, replace it.

Carl T

Threads
The L118 uses the same tuff torq transaxle as most other L series deeres. They are known to fail because of overheating the oil. Two things to do, change the transaxle oil, check the cooling fan. Replace the oil with synthetic 5-50 oil which is recommened by the tuf torq.

Here is a link, lots of reading but well worth it will solve most problems with your transaxle.

TuffTorq K46 Repair Guide with Pictures

daddyin92

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank`s for the answer and the related site for repairs think I will try a belt first to see if this helps Thank`s again Rick