L111 with 20 HP Intek shuts down

rick2

Forum Newbie
Threads
Seems like a fuel problem. Most of the time, I can take the air cleaner off and choking with my hand, and after an extended crank, it will run. Sometimes I have to choke it by hand several time. This thing might run fine for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, and then quit. I replaced the fuel pump, fuel hoses from pump to tank, pick up tube in tank, and filter. I had some idling problems, so I installed a new Briggs carb. Not sure what powers the solenoid on the bottom of the carb. Is there a low oil shut down that powers this? I hear the solenoid clicking on and off with the key when the mower is running properly and I have the engine off. I am fairly sure I have a fuel problem when it quits, which may be caused by an electrical problem to this fuel solenoid. I suspected maybe a vapor lock, so I checked the cooling system. All the shrouds are properly installed on the engine, and there is no debris under the engine cover. Has anyone experienced this?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The fuel solenoid is powered by 12 volts through the key switch. When you have the key in the run position you should have power. My doubt is that the solenoid is the cause of your problem, as no power would not allow the engine to run at all. I would check the float, as it may have dropped too low to maintain the proper amount of fuel in the carb.