kubota zd326p on a slope HELP

workinallthetime

Forum Newbie
Threads
i have a zd326p 60" deck bought new less than 400 hours now
when i mow on a across a slope the down side cuts a inch or so lower then the high side, this is driving me nuts!! the problem seems to be getting worse and worse as the hours rack on. when i mow on flat ground the cut is perfect, i have leveled the blades and put 1/4" rake from fron to rear on them. the guy at the dealer said that is the downside of a full floating deck but i find this hard to be trus since i did not have this issue until the end of last summer.
I have tried pulling the scalper wheels to spec but that really makes the problem worse, right now i have the scalpers dancing across the ground.

any help will be apreciated, i love my kubota's but this is something that has me wanting to move to another brand:confused2:

Nwatson99

Threads
I have no idea what is causing this on your machine I am pretty sure the deck is not chain hung and if it was chain hung it should be opposite with the high side cutting low from deck swing.

Last edited:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Have you groved the ground with the tires.

Attachments

• ditch ruts.jpg
    ditch ruts.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 28

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
When I ever I have had this problem I just add a couple more psi to the tires.

workinallthetime

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have you groved the ground with the tires.

no groves, i mow different directions every time. no chains on the deck but i understand what you are saying. i found a utube vid talking about the pins and bolts for the deck. i am going to replace those and i will post the results

gfp55

Threads
When I ever I have had this problem I just add a couple more psi to the tires.
I think is tire pressure also. Have you checked the tire pressure lately?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think is tire pressure also. Have you checked the tire pressure lately?

What happens is more weight is put on the down side tire and the up side tire lifts a little.

gfp55

Threads
What happens is more weight is put on the down side tire and the up side tire lifts a little.
Yes sir, That's what happens alright.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
It sounds like tire pressure as well to me. Try 20 PSI in rears and 30 PSI in fronts. We have issues from time to time with our 326 concerning tire pressure.

Since the front end pivots the a low tire on the front can at times make you want to pull your hair out.

Some times a tire that is only slightly low can be aggravating.

Remember a 326 weighs in at about 1800#'s.

Pochie

Threads
Hi. I have a small hill that I mowed going across but never felt safe. I now mow up and back down. Takes a bit longer but no fear of
rollover. Cutting either way was the same height. Mow safe and Happy Thanksgiving.:smile: