Kubota T1880 won't start

Pat M

Threads
I had previously posted about water in gas but it might be oil in gas (see previous post with pictures).
I drained the gas out, just opened the carb today & dumped the gas with oil or water in it out (see past picture).
How to remove the main jet for cleaning (pic #5)? Since it does not have the grove for the screw driver.
I had to repair some wiring because it's too short & came apart or broke off.
I bought the carb on AMZ 2 yrs ago (pic #1 - old one on L, new one on R) but didn't use it because the new one does not have 2 connections (see pic #1 with 2 circles, could I still use the new one without these 2 outlets?) but the repair guy use the bottom part of the new one with the old carb (I removed the pin on the old one, pic #6 because one of the youtube video said I can remove it if it's malfunction. I don't know it's malfunction or not).
I also just realize that the carb (& the filter box, pic #3 & 4) is smaller than the old hole & someone use bolt on the right side which is too short. So I ordered the steel rod on AMZ & use it on the right side & add one to the original (right) hole so it's more stable because the rod in the middle does not attached to anything.
After I opened the carb & drained the gas, it still won't start, just crank.
What else should I do or investigate?
I'm new to small engine & learn some from YouTube.
I'm also female who does not have background in the repair, mechanical, etc.
I paid enough money to have my equipment repair.
I need to learn all these since the thieves will keep sabotage my equipment every year, many times a year.
They sabotage my A/C system, my riders, my pressure washers, my robotic mower, etc.
They also stole a lot of my stuff & it still going on.
It seems like they are pretty smart more than many intelligent person because I never caught them on tape, alarm never go off.
They can beat or by pass the security cameras (lots of cameras), alarm system with motion sensors, contact sensors, smart locks, etc.
I need help in many ways I can.

Attachments

• IMG_4864.jpeg
    IMG_4864.jpeg
    669 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4861.jpeg
    IMG_4861.jpeg
    632.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4846.jpeg
    IMG_4846.jpeg
    123.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4858.jpeg
    IMG_4858.jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4867.jpeg
    IMG_4867.jpeg
    631.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4865.jpeg
    IMG_4865.jpeg
    574.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4863.jpeg
    IMG_4863.jpeg
    598.4 KB · Views: 4

Pat M

Threads
I had previously posted about water in gas but it might be oil in gas (see previous post with pictures).
I drained the gas out, just opened the carb today & dumped the gas with oil or water in it out (see past picture).
How to remove the main jet for cleaning (pic #5)? Since it does not have the grove for the screw driver.
I had to repair some wiring because it's too short & came apart or broke off.
I bought the carb on AMZ 2 yrs ago (pic #1 - old one on L, new one on R) but didn't use it because the new one does not have 2 connections (see pic #1 with 2 circles, could I still use the new one without these 2 outlets?) but the repair guy use the bottom part of the new one with the old carb (I removed the pin on the old one, pic #6 because one of the youtube video said I can remove it if it's malfunction. I don't know it's malfunction or not).
I also just realize that the carb (& the filter box, pic #3 & 4) is smaller than the old hole & someone use bolt on the right side which is too short. So I ordered the steel rod on AMZ & use it on the right side & add one to the original (right) hole so it's more stable because the rod in the middle does not attached to anything.
After I opened the carb & drained the gas, it still won't start, just crank.
What else should I do or investigate?
I'm new to small engine & learn some from YouTube.
I'm also female who does not have background in the repair, mechanical, etc.
I paid enough money to have my equipment repair.
I need to learn all these since the thieves will keep sabotage my equipment every year, many times a year.
They sabotage my A/C system, my riders, my pressure washers, my robotic mower, etc.
They also stole a lot of my stuff & it still going on.
It seems like they are pretty smart more than many intelligent person because I never caught them on tape, alarm never go off.
They can beat or by pass the security cameras (lots of cameras), alarm system with motion sensors, contact sensors, smart locks, etc.
I need help in many ways I can.
I opened the carb, there's some water in the gas. So I started the engine & get gas out of the line (before the carb). I think the rest is the new gas that I put it in. It started with the starting fluid for 1 sec & stop.
Does it mean I need to clean the carb?
Can I use the new carburetor (pic #1 above, the one on the R)?
I assume the 2 missing ports are for the "air".

Pat M

Threads
These are the gas that I got it out today, it looks like all the bad gas out.
Need advice & suggestion what to do next!!!
Clean the carb?
Use the new carb without 2 ports?
???

Attachments

• IMG_4949.jpg
    IMG_4949.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4947.jpg
    IMG_4947.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4944.jpg
    IMG_4944.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 2

kbowley

Threads
First, you need to purchase the OEM carburetor, not the cheapy Chinese ones that NEVER work correctly. I have no idea why they sell them; the reviews are all fake posted by employees or distributors. If you wish to fix it correctly, go to your nearest 'bota dealer and order the correct carburetor and bolts.

Pat M

Threads
First, you need to purchase the OEM carburetor, not the cheapy Chinese ones that NEVER work correctly. I have no idea why they sell them; the reviews are all fake posted by employees or distributors. If you wish to fix it correctly, go to your nearest 'bota dealer and order the correct carburetor and bolts.

Pat M

Threads
It might be a few hundred dollars & the thieves still keep sabotage my equipment so I have to keep spending the money on parts & repair.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Definitely water in the fuel in glass jar. I would be draining all fuel and start over with fresh.

kbowley

Threads
Okay, I had a closer look at your pics and saw several things that are incorrect. First, the wire coming out from top of the cylinder is the "hot" wire for the solenoid on the bottom of the carb and you have it connected to the stud. The black ground wire goes to where you inserted that threaded rod to the right of the carb, which is supposed to have a 10mm bolt that screws in but no matter since you cut the plunger off the solenoid. Simply cut the ends of the wires off and put some electrical tape on the end of the hot wire coming from the engine and leave the solenoid disconnected. You installed the solenoid from the new carb on the old carb so you will need to cut the plunger off that one as well. The new carb will not work, so just clean the original one. The main jet is not removable, simply spray some carb cleaner through both "tubes" in the center hole as well as through the rear carburetor jet holes. Soak it in some hot water with dish soap and let it set for an hour then blow some carb cleaner through it again. The rod coming to the throttle is bent and needs to be straightened correctly. There is a plastic insert in the throttle shaft hole that is slotted so the "z" in the rod must line up with the slot to insert it correctly. Here is a video that may help;

Last edited:

Pat M

Threads
I drained most of the gas out (from the glass jar on the R) & put it in the tuna can (very little gas, mostly the liquid from the bottom).
I burned it as one person suggested it to me in the previous post. It's all burn up (at least 5 mins or more) & container is empty/dry!!!

What is it?
Water should not burn!!!
Oil?
Kerosene?
XXX???

P.S.: Sorry, English is my 2nd language!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4949.jpg
    IMG_4949.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4982.jpg
    IMG_4982.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4983.jpg
    IMG_4983.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4985.jpg
    IMG_4985.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 0

Pat M

Threads
Okay, I had a closer look at your pics and saw several things that are incorrect. First, the wire coming out from top of the cylinder is the "hot" wire for the solenoid on the bottom of the carb and you have it connected to the stud. The black ground wire goes to where you inserted that threaded rod to the right of the carb, which is supposed to have a 10mm bolt that screws in but no matter since you cut the plunger off the solenoid. Simply cut the ends of the wires off and put some electrical tape on the end of the hot wire coming from the engine and leave the solenoid disconnected. You installed the solenoid from the new carb on the old carb so you will need to cut the plunger off that one as well. The new carb will not work, so just clean the original one. The main jet is not removable, simply spray some carb cleaner through both "tubes" in the center hole as well as through the rear carburetor jet holes. Soak it in some hot water with dish soap and let it set for an hour then blow some carb cleaner through it again. The rod coming to the throttle is bent and needs to be straightened correctly. There is a plastic insert in the throttle shaft hole that is slotted so the "z" in the rod must line up with the slot to insert it correctly. Here is a video that may help;
" you have it connected to the stud"
- that's how the 1st repair guy did, he's using the new solenoid & he attached it to the stud so I followed how he did it.

"The black ground wire goes to where you inserted that threaded rod to the right of the carb, which is supposed to have a 10mm bolt that screws in but no matter since you cut the plunger off the solenoid."
- I don't understand it, LOL. (as I mentioned, I have no background in all the repair, I just started learning from YouTube). Most of the time, I don't even know the parts' names.

"Simply cut the ends of the wires off and put some electrical tape on the end of the hot wire coming from the engine (#1) and leave the solenoid disconnected. You installed the solenoid from the new carb on the old carb so you will need to cut the plunger off that one as well." (#2)
- (#1) So you don't want me to use electric wiring (cap it off at the end), correct?
- (#2) So I can use the old solenoid which the plunger already has been removed (since we are not going to connect any wirings, correct?)

The new carb will not work, so just clean the original one.
The main jet is not removable, simply spray some carb cleaner through both "tubes" in the center hole as well as through the rear carburetor jet holes.
- I don't know "the rear carburetor jet holes is/are"

Soak it in some hot water with dish soap and let it set for an hour then blow some carb cleaner through it again.
- I soaked the carb in hot water for a little over 30 mins, 3 times, & let it sit in the sun a little bit. Then spray it with carb cleaner, & put it back (not complete setup).

I disconnect the hose before the carb & put the glass jar under.
Then I started the engine, the gas that came out still had a little contamination in it. It's hard to see in the picture

What should I do to make sure that I clean it completely out of the system?