Kubota 326Z Diesel engine going out

Fatdaddy

Threads
your not in Tennessee are you :)

Fatdaddy

Threads
Each Injector cost $288 each. I got to find somebody here around Lebanon Tenn to guide me on what how to figure this one out..I did find that OTHER FUEL FILTER somebody said ... All these years I just looked right over it.. I thought only 1 the one I always changed ever year...I mean chit for brains.....

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ouch! Which engine do you have? 902 or D1005? Never paid that for one injector. Most little kubota diesels have over built bottom ends and if you keep good oil in them the bearings and cylinders last a very long time. Biggest problems are with the lift pumps, injector pumps and injectors. Some injectors can be disassembled and cleaned but you need a special machine to test them. Diesels can be tricky to diagnose.

That price sounds like the drain pump for my son's washer. OEM from Amazon was $35. From the local appliance store $156.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Find a diesel repair shop around Lebanon who can test injectors. It's probably only one of the three that's bad and it can probably be repaired. No guarantees, but diesels are not something you want to start throwing parts at. Too expensive for that.

FWIW, black smoke means too much fuel. That's not a symptom of a clogged filter.

Last edited:

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Don't know which engine you have but pull the glow plugs and look and see if one has a lot more carbon on it than the others. If you find one that is the cylinder i would clean or replace that injector first.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Best i can tell you have the D1005 engine.
The injectors can be disassembled and cleaned but you need to set the pressure by changing the thickness of #2. Nobody has a 2000 psi tester for that so most folk just get a set of reman injectors. Was the price you got for 1 injector from a kubota dealer? Google kubota D1005 injectors. Lots of diesel parts dealers have reman injectors.

engineScreenshot_20201001-073503_Drive.jpg

Fatdaddy

Threads
I did change 1 fuel filter it started back fine.. Saw on here there is another so found it and CHANGED IT... Now it will NOT START.. I got the filter pointed the right way.. I loosen up 2 injectors and there is NOT GAS coming out, What is wrong...

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Do you have an electric lift pump or mechanical? If electric you should be able to turn the key on and the pump will run and leave it till fuel comes out at the fuel line to the injector pump. If the pump is mechanical you can either just crank the engine till fuel makes it up to the injector pump. This will take a while and hard on the starter and battery. Some lift pumps on the side of the engine can be worked manually to bleed system. I think the D1005 uses a mechanical pump like the old automobile mechanical pumps so no manual priming. A couple of the more red neck ways are to pull the inlet line to the pump off and then apply no nore than about 5 psi air pressure at the fuel tank filler cap till fuel comes out then reattach line at lift pump then loosen inlet line to injector pump and crank engine till fuel comes out then tighten that then bleed injector lines. Or use the diesel fuel in a spray bottle method. Be sure the fuel tank is full also.

Fatdaddy

Threads
I filled up the tank all the way. I loosen up injectors again. Got a spray bottle sprayed Diesel into the air hole.. Nothing happed still NO START...