Kroller CV15S won't start without staring fluid

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Does this fuel solenoid look retracted? It seems to. I don't know where the pin is. Should it be near the red wire?View attachment 60471
Pull the red wire apart. You should have 12 volts on that red wire with the key ON. You will have to remove (unscrew) the solenoid from the carb to see this plunger we are speaking of. It shuts the fuel off to the main jet when you turn the key off.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't remember that at all. Well, I guess there will be quite a bit more disassembly to do. There is this big plastic part over the carb. Disassembly looks rather complicated to say the least. I do not remember doing this last time. It's a shame my new lawn guy quit. My lawn would be mowed by now instead of being over a foot high. Getting close to two feet.View attachment 60480

I'm so tempted just to get out the sledgehammer and get that part of that way. It would be more fun, at least at first.
This is a different engine than the one I'm working on now.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
View attachment 60460

Pulling the fuel line off is not easy. O e way to test the fuel pump if the system has a clear fuel filter. Pinch off the fuel line between the tank and filter for about 20 seconds then release. If the pump is working you will see fuel bubble onto the filter. Not the perfect test but a quick and dirty check.
More like cutting the fuel lines off the engine. This one has set for 10 years LOL. New fuel lines on the way.

Going to test the pump, pumping into a glass jar on the pump outlet. I know the fuel pump diaphragm is dead after sitting 10 years.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
This is exactly the fuel pump I'm working on. Thank you Hammer!!

1652302032337.png

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
The pump is run off the cam. You can remove it and pump it by hand to see if it works. The diaphragm usually doesn't fail. It is one of the check valves that usually fails.
If if has been sitting for 10 years i would just go ahead and replace it. Squirt a little fuel into the inlet to wet the check valves so they seal or it may not pull fuel.

cupboy

Threads
you should be able to remove it with the flats on it, either a deep socket or a wrench, most likely 1/2" or 13mm.. may be 12mm
carb10.png
It's totally stuck on there so that's a no-go.

Gord Baker

Threads
I expect you have checked for/changed the fuel filter. Remove Float bowl and see if fuel runs out when cranking engine.
Remove Float and needle and use carb spray to spray back into the NEEDLE SEAT.

Gord Baker

Threads
It's totally stuck on there so that's a no-go.
If you hold your finger on that solenoid you should feel it click when you slowly turn the key towards but not to Start.
Warm the fitting briefly with a propane torch and then cold water. Do that a couple times then with a tight fitting wrench try to tighten then loosen the fitting. You could also connect the two wires to a charged 12V battery and see if you feel/hear a click.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I expect you have checked for/changed the fuel filter. Remove Float bowl and see if fuel runs out when cranking engine.
Remove Float and needle and use carb spray to spray back into the NEEDLE SEAT.
I've removed the carb solenoid. Just a small trickle of fuel comes out of the carb bowl bottom. Not gravity flow at all. This engine has a fuel pump. This pump seems dead. Filter looks good.