Kohler fuel problem

jackcu

Threads
My HQ has a kohler motor. After motor started missing at high RPM and,sometimes not starting at all I replaced carb. Mowed yard and it,ran great. Next morning won't start., new carb and filter, fuel pump is working or at,least its pumping when I remove fuel line and turn motor over. Any ideas would be appreciated!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
How about giving us a hint of which of the 25,000 variations of Kohler engine that you are having issues with. Model and spec number are needed so we can see what you are working on.

jackcu

Threads
Ok, apologize for the minimal info, standby let me get the numbers

jackcu

Threads
Model number on mower is RZ5424. can not find Data plate on engine.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
My HQ has a kohler motor. After motor started missing at high RPM and,sometimes not starting at all I replaced carb. Mowed yard and it,ran great. Next morning won't start., new carb and filter, fuel pump is working or at,least its pumping when I remove fuel line and turn motor over. Any ideas would be appreciated!

you said it started out missing...
1)did you change spark plug?
2)check for spark?

jackcu

Threads
Also this engine does not have the,dsai ignition system on it. It has only 1 white wire running from the coils. For some,reason the,spark is not,working when the key is on. It will spark only if I unplug the white wire from the,coil.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you have spark with the white wire disconnected that means the coil is good, and the problem is either in the white wire or in the kill circuit of the lawnmower.

jackcu

Threads
If you have spark with the white wire disconnected that means the coil is good, and the problem is either in the white wire or in the kill circuit of the lawnmower.

I believe I found the problem. I started checking switches in the kill circuit. After jiggling the brake safety switch the mower starting normally. I believe the switch or the plug into the switch has a short. I am going to replace the switch and see how it runs after that. Thanks to all for the help.