Kohler engine interchange.

BrianSki

Threads
My son has a Dixon mower with a Kohler Command 16HP, engine that self destructed. CV16s SKH426U1G2RB

What engines will interchange with that? I know it is a big question.

I found a few scrapper mowers. One with Kohler Pro 16.5 HP. Briggs 21 OHV, Briggs 19.5 twin. No model #s. I can try to ask the sellers.

Am I trying to win a lottery? or are they close shaft and bolt patterns??? What should I look for as to what would replace them?? Thx

VegetiveSteam

Threads
There were a couple of exceptions but for the most part, Kohler CV Single cylinder engines used a 1”X3.16” crankshaft. The main difference was the threads were the bolt went in. Some were metric and some were SAE. The footprint would be the same. The other differences could be the charging system, and some were electric start, some were recoil start, and some had both. The nice thing would be if you could go back with another Kohler, CV single you could use the existing exhaust.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Dixon before Husqvarna closed them down so they could sell more of their trash ZTR's used to sell with your choice of engines
Honda , Kohler or Briggs
Then Kawasaki , Kohler or Briggs
As such they are drilled for all of them
Two problems you will encounter
1) Wiring, you will need to make a crossover loom to go between the mower plug & the engine plug
2) muffler is part of the mower so the Snapper one will need some modifications to fit on the Dixon
Apart from that should be OK