Kohler CV16S Stalls Under Load

cberube33

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Craftsman lawn tractor with a Kohler CV16S engine. The original symptoms were that it would start to stall after running for a while but only up hill. Then it started doing it a little if I hit a bump just right. Long story short I replaced the carb and tuned the idle speed and idle fuel. It runs smooth on idle but when you move it close to the "Run" (3/4 up) position it starts to choke or stall. Also if I release the parking brake it starts to stall immediately even at high idle. Lastly I replaced the iginition module with the new DSAI Ignition Digital Advance Module Kit(replaces the SAM). Any help is appreciated.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Lack of fuel to carb or valves out of spec. Could be over heating. It's 104 today in the shade around here. Add about 30 to that in the sun. Along with some dirty cooling fins, not a good recipe.

Not recommended to idle down an air cooled engine. If you want max service life, send her to the moon with full revs all the time. These are not car engines.

cberube33

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the reply. When it initially started happening it was the fall and cool out. I live in New England. I put a new carb in and it's in the garage while I work on it. Appreciate the advice on cool down though.