Kohler CV16s no spark

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
That schematic shows the convention ignition not the ASAM ignition you have. Yours will feed 12v to the fuel solenoid and ignition directly from the ignition switch or from a relay. I have seen both on craftsman mowers. Does the fuel solenoid click when you turn the key? Check the connector on the back of the ignition switch for corrosion.

mikesignal

Threads
That schematic shows the convention ignition not the ASAM ignition you have. Yours will feed 12v to the fuel solenoid and ignition directly from the ignition switch or from a relay. I have seen both on craftsman mowers. Does the fuel solenoid click when you turn the key? Check the connector on the back of the ignition switch for corrosion.

It's not clicking. I will check the ignition switch - I did just replace the ignition switch last year.

mikesignal

Threads
Thanks fro all your help.... I did some poking around, chasing voltage, checking the relays. The one relay had 12 volts in, but nothing going out. That is the relay that feeds the fuel solenoid. I suspected the seat safety switch, so I removed it, took it out from under the seat and plugged it back in. When I push the plunger down by hand it completes the circuit and I can hear the fuel solenoid click. So I suspect something in the seat is not allowing the plunger to compress.... once I get that figured out I will check spark.

mikesignal

Threads
Update - seat switch is fine. It's the ignition switch connector. When i plug it in all the way into the switch it's not making good contact. If I back the connector off a little it works fine. Looks like the connector female ends are a little dull/corroded. I will try and clean them up, but it might be time for a new one.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not sure if you have a 5 or 6 terminal ignition switch but you can get new pins or a connector kit to fix the corroded pin(s).