kohler ch26s sp-78517 charging problem

klein

Threads
i have a toro model #74240 14 year old 62" mower that has stopped charging, with the mower running full speed i only get .778 volts from the stator. so i assume the stator is bad or the magnets have come loose if in fact that is posable on this model ? do i have to remove the engine to get to the stator ? it has a shaft coming from the stator end of the motor does the fly wheel still press on ?

klein

klein

Threads
thanks Rivets
but the pdf doesn't show my style shaft so pulling the fly wheel i'm still not sure of being mine has such a long front shaft i'm assuming there is a nut behind the fan holding the fly wheel in place.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You have A front drive kit installed, not part of the crankshaft. When you remove it, you will find the flywheel nut. Before pulling the flywheel, run through the charging system checks first. You only have to remove the flywheel if the stator is bad.

klein

Threads
Rivets that clears some things up , i didn't know about the front drive kit. thank you
with the engine running full speed i only get .778 volts ac from the stator. where from reading that pdf i should be getting 28 volts or more so i'm thinking the stator is bad.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you are checking AC Volts with the regulator disconnected, you are correct. The manual tells you how to remove the flywheel and replace the stator.

klein

Threads
can some one tell me what the bolts for the front drive kit should be Torque to?