kohler 25 courage flooding

bernie 6272

Forum Newbie
Threads
i have a kholer 25 courage build date 11/08 has always run well until now , seems to be flooding and running rough,i was able to finish mowing ,but there was so much fuel in the muffler ,it was on fire.any help would be appricated...i've replaced the plugs and air filter and carb bowl is perfectly clean ...thanks

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Replace the carburetor needle valve. When you are doing that make sure your floats aren't leaking and adjusted the float level.

sgtrudz

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bernie,Kohler had 2 differant versions of the carb on that motor, depending on year & whether it has a manual choke[ via throttle control] or an auoto- choke [ Vacuum & linkage driven. If yours is the Manual /control operated choke , disregard this & go back to basics [ I won't insult you w/ the basics, flooding from bad float needle seating f/ debris And/or dirty fuel filter, tank, etc. If it has the Auto choke, that's a whole other thing. Could be diapram/ or linkage problem. If It is the auto choke type, please let me know. i may be able to help trouble-shoot, as it was a problem child on thet itterance. keith r./ sgt rudz

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
What color was the plug after the "flooding" when you replaced it?