KM111R powerhead

Scottro

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought this powerhead with a edger and hedger attachment approximately one year ago. From the first day I had it, it did not run correctly. The symptoms are, even after the engine is slightly warmed up, when you hit the throttle, it falls on its face. This occurs even if it’s been run throughout the day. Confirming to me that it is not a cold engine issue. I’m assuming it’s just a carburetor problem. Basically, the low end on the throttle seems to be having a problem. Routinely when you hit the throttle, it falls on its face or stalls, and even sometimes acts as though it is flooded. Again, this is from since the unit was brand new. Anyone have any ideas or experience this themselves? If so, can you purchase the tool to adjust the carburetor, or do you have to take it to a shop?. Thanks, Scott.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’m going to say all you’ll need is a carb adjustment. Sounds to me like your idle mixture screw needs to be opened up, which is not uncommon, as different heads and running conditions affect performance. A good technician should be able to do this very quickly. I would recommend that you take it to a good repair shop and have them do it for you. Normally takes about five minutes. Some dealers will actually do it for free. If you find one, get up early the next morning and be standing at the front door with a dozen donuts juice and coffee, when they open. Best money you will ever spend.