Keeps coming

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Here we are coming into the last of February. We just had another snow storm last night and its still going strong this morning. This is my first year of cleaning out my driveway with my ATV and a plow. I was working at it this morning and its getting to the point the piles of snow are getting so deep I can't do anything with the snow anymore. I find with the plow that when I keep packing the snow into a snow bank that after so much the pile turns into a solid wall of ice and snow which can't be moved. I guess I will have to just get the old snow blower out and really move some snow. The only thing I don't like about the snow blower it uses a lot more fuel then the ATV and plow.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Good post reynoldston, I pray it will let up soon for you folks up north, stay warm & work at slow pace taking several breaks.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Good post reynoldston, I pray it will let up soon for you folks up north, stay warm & work at slow pace taking several breaks.

50 degrees today warmest winter in history.... Sometimes a combo atv and blower is best push the snow to a side use thrower to get it out of your way

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
50 degrees today warmest winter in history.... Sometimes a combo atv and blower is best push the snow to a side use thrower to get it out of your way

We are getting the lake effect snow now. One of them days where the town or I can keep up with it. Sure am glad to be retied and all I have to do is throw another log on the fire and not drive in it. I just like to complain about cleaning out my driveway is all.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well we got hit hard again last night. High winds with snow, then to top it off the wind blew my garbage tote over so I could pick that mess up first thing this AM. :thumbdown:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hate to tell you this, but there's a big chill coming your way. Yesterday high was 3, today 9 with lots of wind. Told you earlier to stock up on Whoppers and Pepsi. Wish you could send some of that white stuff here, we've received over two feet less than average this year. Toro distributor picked up all of our inventory and shipped it your way. Snowmobile trails have not been opened at all in this area. Every shop I've talked to in a 50 miles has had to cut hours back or layoff mechanics. Don't know whether to pray for snow or sunshine? Stay warm and healthy.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hate to tell you this, but there's a big chill coming your way. Yesterday high was 3, today 9 with lots of wind. Told you earlier to stock up on Whoppers and Pepsi. Wish you could send some of that white stuff here, we've received over two feet less than average this year. Toro distributor picked up all of our inventory and shipped it your way. Snowmobile trails have not been opened at all in this area. Every shop I've talked to in a 50 miles has had to cut hours back or layoff mechanics. Don't know whether to pray for snow or sunshine? Stay warm and healthy.

Sold my last snowmobile this pass December. Its just got too expensive here in NY for what little snowmobiles can be used and old age got the best of me.

Threads
Wind chill was -25 this morning. I'm ready for warm weather. Snow coming tomorrow, but it might get above freezing by Sunday. It hasn't been in the 30's for WEEKS!

detdrbuzzard

Threads
we might get 4" of snow sometime tomorrow, right now its dry and the temp is 9f

possum

Threads
Now now Fanatic you have been wanting a snowy winter for years so you could have fun blowing snow.