Keepin' um clean

skip49

Threads
Just wondering what YOU do to keep your mower as clean and looking good as possible, W/O doing damage to it.
Your thoughts on maintaining appearances appreciated.
Skip

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Blow it off then wipe it down. No water unless its on a damp cloth.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
We pressure wash every piece of equipment which comes in for a complete checkover, from the large farm tractors down to the Murray push mower. No problems in doing this as long as you run the unit to make sure that everything is dry afterwards.

primerbulb120

Threads
That's exactly what I do. :thumbsup:

Dirty equipment looks so much better after a good cleaning - with water.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just wondering what YOU do to keep your mower as clean and looking good as possible, W/O doing damage to it.
Your thoughts on maintaining appearances appreciated.
Skip

I also pressure wash on occasion but I don't let stuff build up on my mowers. After every lawn I mow I make it a practice to blow off everything before loading them on the trailer so as not to drag clippings and a host of who knows what from one lawn to another so the mowers generally are or stay pretty clean most all the time.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I make a fortune from repairing the decks of customers who pressure wash their mowers and particularly when trying to remove accumulated clippings from the deck.
So I blow with a very long handled air duster and sell these to my customers.
Even then I can oft shift lumps of paint if the deck surface has been compromised.
Every one who has recommended pressure washing is either a mechanic or professional lawn care person.

The only part I pressure wash is the engine only if it needs degreasing.

Just did both spindles on a brand new Cub ZTR because he did not run it after he washed it.
Toros with wash out decks seem to do bottom spindle bearings regularly for the same reason.

Crnbinder

Threads
I always blow them off with the leaf blower after every mow and scrape off grass every couple mows , I'll also pressure wash at the end of the season and run for a while afterwards to make sure and get it good and dry

Vanousb

Threads
Similar to others posted here...After every mow, use blower to get loose stuff off. Scrap under deck after each (or every other) mow. Wipe down with damp rag and use blower again. About once a month will pressure off and make sure to dry. I even use leather cleaner on seat. Figure for the cost I put into it, will do all I can to maintain. Keep stored in dry when not in use.

tbarnett

Threads
After each mow, I use the leaf blower to blow all the loose clippings off the deck, under the seat, hydro fans etc. I raise it with the Mo-Jack and scrape the crud under the deck and use only a garden hose to rinse it off. Keeps it clean as the day I got it.

I will also rinse the body panels (if needed) and blow the entire unit off with the leaf blower and wipe it down with a cloth. Start it up, run the blades a few minutes and put it in the garage. Since it is a Dixie Chopper with the stainless steel body, I will apply some stainless steel cleaner and polish her up!