Kawasaki twin cylinder engines maintenance

RayMcD

Threads
Otherthan blowing is off with compressed air, what do you do the clean the top of a twin cylinder Kawasaki engine? thanks Ray

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
vacuum or air but be certain the area between the engine head and the shroud is clean too . That air flow can be determined while the engine is running by holding our hand down around the spark plugs . It's possible for a mouse build a nest in that area overnight . That may not be possible for some that house the mower .

Lawn Addict
Threads
I use a clothes dryer vent brush w/flexable shaft to handle (see image) to push down between each of the cylinder fins (I remove blower housing for this end of each mow season

1710557818293.jpeg

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
The brush reminds me of one i modified to clean Cottonwood blooms from Condenser coils .
Cut the handle off , chuck it in your drill and spin it for troublesome areas . Yes sir , i've done many things in my life other people don't do .;)

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Otherthan blowing is off with compressed air, what do you do the clean the top of a twin cylinder Kawasaki engine? thanks Ray

Remove engine shroud and cylinder head tins and visually inspect engine and cooling fins for dirt, grass, and debris. Use a screwdriver, wire brush and air compressor air gun to remove debris as needed. Supposed to be checked annually, although many are seldom or never checked and cleaned. I clean several engines each year this way for customers every year. Engine will probably eventually overheat if not cleaned, and then more problems and expense.

Gescha

Threads
Compressed air is your best choice.
People who wash their engines are causing slow death to it.
Once a year or so, it may be worth removing the shroud and other covers to do a really good cleaning between fins.

RayMcD

Threads
Once a year or so, it may be worth removing the shroud and other covers to do a really good cleaning between fins.
Gentlemen, thanks, I have removed the engine cal couple time and used compressed air to blow it clean as recommended. I just wanted to make sure that was sufficient. I do like the idea of the long round brush and don't see that causing a problem. Last thing I would be inclinde to do is to flush the engine with water.
My storage building is very tight and I keep rodent traps loaded all the time as a back up. Never have I had problem them in the building, they did do terrible number on my daughter car several years back while it sat under the car cover, Cheer All, Ray

Lawn Addict
Threads
I do like the idea of the long round brush and don't see that causing a problem.
Ray- That is just if you see lots of debris between the cylinder fins. It's a very effective tool, imo.

I never use water, just compressed air.

Last edited:

davis2

Threads
I use a leaf blower. They are also great for blowing water off your car after a wash. It reduces water spots

davis2

Threads
Gentlemen, thanks, I have removed the engine cal couple time and used compressed air to blow it clean as recommended. I just wanted to make sure that was sufficient. I do like the idea of the long round brush and don't see that causing a problem. Last thing I would be inclinde to do is to flush the engine with water.
My storage building is very tight and I keep rodent traps loaded all the time as a back up. Never have I had problem them in the building, they did do terrible number on my daughter car several years back while it sat under the car cover, Cheer All, Ray
Get a cat.