Kawasaki Trimmer - No tension in cord

Jamie.

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey yall,

I've been using my Kawasaki (i'll have to check model#) for a few years with no problems. I edged a yard this morning and it was running strong. I loaded it up in the trailer and drove to the next yard. When I arrived I discovered that there's no tension in the pull cord. It will recoil, but there's just no compression. What could have happened in that little bit of time? Any suggestions before I take it apart?

Thanks.

P.S. I'm looking to upgrade my trimmer anyway. Any recommendations on what to get? Looking for a higher end Stihl.

Last edited:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hey yall,

I've been using my Kawasaki (i'll have to check model#) for a few years with no problems. I edged a yard this morning and it was running strong. I loaded it up in the trailer and drove to the next yard. When I arrived I discovered that there's no tension in the pull cord. What could have happened in that little bit of time? Any suggestions before I take it apart?

Thanks.

P.S. I'm looking to upgrade my trimmer anyway. Any recommendations on what to get? Looking for a higher end Stihl.

Sounds like the recoil spring broke ot the last starting pull, and if your looking at the Higher end Stihl you are looking in the right place. I run the FS90 and the 110 both and there great machines. never had any problems with any of my Stihl equipment.

Jamie.

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sounds like the recoil spring broke ot the last starting pull, and if your looking at the Higher end Stihl you are looking in the right place. I run the FS90 and the 110 both and there great machines. never had any problems with any of my Stihl equipment.

I forgot to mention that it still recoils fine, but there's just no compression. And the FS90 looks just right for me.

Jamie.

Forum Newbie
Threads
bump. any advice?

davevfla

Threads
i don't know if you already bought something but i have used the fs stihl a long time and they are good. however i recently switched to tanaka weedeaters and the stihls havent moved in a month now. they have CLOSE to the same power and they are 185 on amazon shipped to your house with a two year warranty on commercial use.

Jamie.

Forum Newbie
Threads
i don't know if you already bought something but i have used the fs stihl a long time and they are good. however i recently switched to tanaka weedeaters and the stihls havent moved in a month now. they have CLOSE to the same power and they are 185 on amazon shipped to your house with a two year warranty on commercial use.

I got the fs90. It's badassss. But I still need to fix my Kawasaki!

davevfla

Threads
Yah fs 90 is nice the older ones are the best. You can order the recoil on amazon should be around 35