Kawasaki Spark Plug Repair

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If he's done it before, he know what precautions to make. As I said before, it can be done as long as the mechanic knows what he's doing. Good luck.

hitmanharleyk

Threads
Installed the Helicoil this afternoon, took around a hour or so for my buddy to walk me thru it. I did it with his supervision and we will know tomorrow if it worked when the hi-temp silicone cures.

I was kind of surprised the kit said to coat the threads with hi-temp rtv silicone instead of using some loctite, but that is what the kit called for so that is what I used.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I started doing it before they had any kits, in fact I didn't know they made a kit. That's why I said to use Loc-tite. I knew you would be able to work it out. Congrats.

hitmanharleyk

Threads
I started doing it before they had any kits, in fact I didn't know they made a kit. That's why I said to use Loc-tite. I knew you would be able to work it out. Congrats.

I think the tap in the kit is easier than using a standard tap, you can use a ratchet/socket and the way it goes in it seems to be self-centering, kind of idiot proofing the tapping part.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I just use the Heli-coil tap which is designed to be used with the spark plug inserts. I have a special socket for my tap so I can use a ratchet, but most times I start using a T-handle to make sure I am straight.