kawasaki small engine FA210D

bedway

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have this engine on a log splitter that i bought used. The engine has ran fine for years, until recently. It will start up and run for about two minutes and then starts coughing, spitting, and back firing. It will quit and doesnt want to restart. Once it cools down it will start and same cycle starts. Im thinking its the coil breaking down when it heats up. Trying to find a coil for this thing is a pain in the patoot! The motor identification is FA210D FS00. When i look up the schematics for this engine it calls for a 21171 coil, but then they list several prefixes. Why should it be so hard to find a part for this engine? Help?

scott47429

Threads
the coil should be at the other end of the spark plug wire under the blower housing

bedway

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yea i know Scott. I have it off and have looked it up all over the net. No body pins down which one it is.

scott47429

Threads
follow the plug wire to it

chance123

Threads
............."Sigh"........................

bedway

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok folks, after much searching and aggravation the coil ive been trying to find is no longer available from kawasaki. Our throw away society. Anyway, anybody got any useful recomendations for a replacement engine, The Kaw. was a 5 horse on my log splitter. Thanks

twinfords

Threads
you should be able to match that coil up, go to a reputable parts supplier and see if they can help. Also look for a complete bad engine etc. for a used one.

twinfords

Threads
also you could try an old Kawasaki lawnmower engine, off of a John Deere etc. to see if that coil would work.

scott47429

Threads
hey sorry about the earlier comments but i totaly miss understood you i didn't know you couldn't find a replacement i thought you meant you couldn't find your coil LOL sorry

bedway

Forum Newbie
Threads
No big deal Scott. Ive located the part # 21171-2120. All these places who say they carry them call me back after i order them and tell me there no longer available! I refuse to believe people/dealers dont have any laying on their shelves. Anybody who happens to come across one please let me know. Thank you in advance.